Help!! Both Computers have internet but can't see each other

June 24, 2004 11:25:05 PM

Someone please help. I have a desktop and a laptop with
the MN-700 Wireless Router (it came with the pcmcia card
for my dell laptop). Both computers can be on the
internet at the same time with no trouble. I have cable
dsl and enjoy great downloads, but I can't get the file
and print sharing to work. The Broadband Network utility
states only the ip address of the laptop when working on
the desktop and vice versa. I have tried using tcpip,
netbios,& ipx following exact instructions with no
avail. Even when I have attempted to turn on a directory
by right clicking I receive an error "Server system...."
and the dir won't share. Nor will the printer. I have
tried pinging the ip's of each computer and the ip
responds back. Why can't I see the other computer? The
workgroup name is the same on each machine and each
maching is named desktop and laptop accordingly. Could
someone please give me a clue. I have disable the
internet connection firewall as well. ANY HELP!!??
Thanks in advance. I know this shouldn't be this
difficult.

More about : computers internet

!