Cancel Search Companion with the keyboard

I know how to bring up the Search Companion via the keyboard (F3) but I
haven't been able to cancel it with the keyboard if I decide I really
don't need to search. ESC seems the likely candidate but that doesn't
do it. Alt-F4, of course closes the open folder.

What am I missing here?

Thank you very much.
1 answer Last reply
More about cancel search companion keyboard

    My bad! It appears using F3 again closes it.

    Thanks anyway.

    "Jack Gillis" <XXXXXXXX@widomaker.com> wrote in message
    >I know how to bring up the Search Companion via the keyboard (F3) but I
    >haven't been able to cancel it with the keyboard if I decide I really
    >don't need to search. ESC seems the likely candidate but that doesn't
    >do it. Alt-F4, of course closes the open folder.
    >
    > What am I missing here?
    >
    > Thank you very much.

Microsoft Keyboards Windows XP