denied access to shared redirected mydocs folder

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

We have a Windows 2000 advanced with 5 cals. One domain user account is
denied access to her "My Documents". All of the other domain user accounts
are redirected within the default GPO and have no problem accesseing their
"My documents". When the user tries to open her "My documents" folder from
the start menu she recieves this error message \\servername\redirected
mydocs is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network
resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have
access permissions."
What should I look for ? I allready checked her group membership and she is
the same as the other domain user accounts. The permissions to the
\\servername\re directed my docs " folder is Full share permissions for
everyone . What am I missing?? Any suggestions are welcomed. Thank you.

Joey
3 answers Last reply
More about denied access shared redirected mydocs folder
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup (More info?)

    Check the user's ability to manually connect to the share. Make sure that you
    are not having connectivity problems.
    --
    David Davis, MCSE, CCNA, Security +
    Network Engineer

    "Joe" wrote:

    > We have a Windows 2000 advanced with 5 cals. One domain user account is
    > denied access to her "My Documents". All of the other domain user accounts
    > are redirected within the default GPO and have no problem accesseing their
    > "My documents". When the user tries to open her "My documents" folder from
    > the start menu she recieves this error message \\servername\redirected
    > mydocs is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network
    > resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have
    > access permissions."
    > What should I look for ? I allready checked her group membership and she is
    > the same as the other domain user accounts. The permissions to the
    > \\servername\re directed my docs " folder is Full share permissions for
    > everyone . What am I missing?? Any suggestions are welcomed. Thank you.
    >
    > Joey

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    "Joe" <jbcandullo(nospam)@mmadisonservices.com> wrote in message
    > We have a Windows 2000 advanced with 5 cals. One domain user account is
    > denied access to her "My Documents". All of the other domain user accounts
    > are redirected within the default GPO and have no problem accesseing their
    > "My documents". When the user tries to open her "My documents" folder from
    > the start menu she recieves this error message \\servername\redirected
    > mydocs is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
    > network
    > resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have
    > access permissions."
    > What should I look for ? I allready checked her group membership and she
    > is
    > the same as the other domain user accounts. The permissions to the
    > \\servername\re directed my docs " folder is Full share permissions for
    > everyone . What am I missing?? Any suggestions are welcomed. Thank you.
    >
    > Joey

    Check out local (NTFS) permissions as well.

    --
    Arek Iskra
    MVP for Windows Server - Software Distribution

    In news:OaTiBb0cFHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    Joe <jbcandullo(nospam)@mmadisonservices.com> typed:
    > We have a Windows 2000 advanced with 5 cals. One domain user account
    > is denied access to her "My Documents". All of the other domain user
    > accounts are redirected within the default GPO and have no problem
    > accesseing their "My documents". When the user tries to open her "My
    > documents" folder from the start menu she recieves this error message
    > \\servername\redirected mydocs is not accessible. You might not have
    > permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of
    > this server to find out if you have access permissions."
    > What should I look for ? I allready checked her group membership and
    > she is the same as the other domain user accounts. The permissions to
    > the \\servername\re directed my docs " folder is Full share
    > permissions for everyone . What am I missing?? Any suggestions are
    > welcomed. Thank you.
    > Joey

    Share permissions should be everyone=full control.
    NTFS permissions should be user=modify, administrators & system = full
    control. Push this down through all subfolders & try again.

    Any reason you aren't just using folder redirection to point My Documents at
    each user's home directory?

Windows Server My Documents Microsoft Windows XP