need to ghost 5 pc but how to enter xp key afer ghosting

franky

Distinguished
May 11, 2004

Hi, I have a lot of pc to ghost with Windows xp and i also have all the
required xp key for activation. I need to know how to force windows to ask
for the xp key for activation. This way, i ghost all my pc, enter the serial,
activate,... and i won't wast time anymore.. Can anyone can help me??
--
Frank

you have to enter first time in before making image or dump image through
ghost software remember onces it enters in image then future it will not ask
any other help mail me imranedu@yahoo.com
bye

"FrankY" wrote:

> Hi, I have a lot of pc to ghost with Windows xp and i also have all the
> required xp key for activation. I need to know how to force windows to ask
> for the xp key for activation. This way, i ghost all my pc, enter the serial,
> activate,... and i won't wast time anymore.. Can anyone can help me??
> --
> Frank

Read here
http://service4.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ghost.nsf/docid/1999070716282425

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"FrankY" <FrankY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have a lot of pc to ghost with Windows xp and i also have all the
> required xp key for activation. I need to know how to force windows to ask
> for the xp key for activation. This way, i ghost all my pc, enter the
serial,
> activate,... and i won't wast time anymore.. Can anyone can help me??
> --
> Frank

"FrankY" <FrankY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have a lot of pc to ghost with Windows xp and i also have all the
> required xp key for activation. I need to know how to force windows to ask
> for the xp key for activation. This way, i ghost all my pc, enter the
> serial,
> activate,... and i won't wast time anymore.. Can anyone can help me??
> --
> Frank

You need to use sysprep before ghosting the image.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302577

Kerry

In article <490055E7-7994-4FBF-937B-33457025E96E@microsoft.com>,
imransaleemimraneduyahoocom@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> you have to enter first time in before making image or dump image through
> ghost software remember onces it enters in image then future it will not ask
> any other help mail me imranedu@yahoo.com
> bye

Wrong - you install everything, get it running, you can even enter all
the keys, then do a SYSPREP and it makes a virgin setup without the keys
so that you can ghost it to other machines and have it ask for them.

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me