Sager or Toshiba

Status
Not open for further replies.

protogenxl

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2007
It is time for a new laptop, my A65 has served me well for 5 years but it is showing it's age. I have narrowed it down to an almost fully loaded Sager NP2092 or a Toshiba X205-Sli4. I would like to play C&C and Eve-Online and of both these laptops should handle it without issue. Also, Yes I realize that I am comparing Apples to Badgers by comparing a 15 inch laptop to a 17 inch laptop.

overclockingrocks

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
after having looked at reviews of both laptops as well as the specs I'd go with the Sager simply for customization sake:

I took the base model you stated and made it into this:
15.4 Super Glossy screen (1680x1050)
C2D T9300 2.5GHz 6MB L2
64bit VHP
4GB DDR2 667
200GB 7200rpm drive
Blu Ray/DVD Burner (will burn blu ray at 2x) Toshiba is HD-DVD only which is a dead format as we all know
added standard TV Tuner

that'll smoke the Toshiba final cost just over $2K 2114 to be exact. pretty damn good specs for 2G's. I'd go with that over the Toshiba anyday not that Toshiba is bad but Sager builds for power users where Toshiba has a few laptops that are power use and built as such and would have to be special ordered probably waiting forever to get it while Sager would not bat an eyelash at giving you this config and doing it fast.

Sager all the way on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.