Dell Inspiron 1100 Blank Screen

I recently bought a used Dell Inspiron 1100 for less than $40 at a garage sale, before I bought it, the owner told me that he thinks that the notebooks' lcd screen is busted, and I purchased it anyway. When I got home I tested it, and surely the lcd monitor was blank, but it had lights on it. I then hooked it up to an external monitor and it works just fine. I just wanted to ask any Dell experts out there if this is a broken lcd screen or just a video driver issue?

Here is a screenshot of the LCD screen turned on:

http://img135.imagevenue.com/loc245/th_3394e_IMG_0002.jpg
3 answers Last reply
More about dell inspiron 1100 blank screen
  1. Bleh
  2. If you are getting an image on an external monitor then the graphics controller is fine, the LCD needs replaced.
  3. i have a similar issue but the lcd works most of the time and instead i get a black screen with no light. this happens randomly when the graphics drivers load on xp or lubuntu. sometimes it works beautifully and sometimes its a dark black screen. in lubuntu i can get the screen to come back with ctrl + alt + f1 or ctrl + alt + f7. Dont suppose anyone has any answers? sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead, but a friend would like to use their old laptop and it runs lubuntu quite nicely
Ask a new question

Read More

Dell Dell Inspiron LCD Computers