Windows 7 boot from flash drive

Hello,
I have f* up my MBR partition(FAT32, is invalid now) and now W7 won't start. I haveen't made a rescue CD, as my lappy has no CD/DVD drive.
Is there a tool to start W7 via USB port?

THX for any help...
10 answers Last reply
More about windows boot flash drive
  1. That was quick! thx.
    But unfortunately that won't work: I have no rescue disk.
  2. What version of 7 do you have and is your license genuine?
  3. 32 bit, it is genuine (i swear) but the licence nr on the back is faded I 've heard one could find in bios as well, if that's true...
  4. Is it home premium or starter?
  5. home premium :)
  6. Any help, anyone?
    I am trying to make things work with YUMI now, but I am still stuck...
  7. danato said:
    Hello,
    I have f* up my MBR partition(FAT32, is invalid now) and now W7 won't start. I haveen't made a rescue CD, as my lappy has no CD/DVD drive.
    Is there a tool to start W7 via USB port?

THX for any help...
  8. SR-71 Blackbird said:

Long story short ... brand new build ad cd drive will not run, neither will new replacement (different brand). I have a Win7 Home Premium OEM CD and a 8GB USB (still in package).

Will the link above work if I put the Win7 CD in my old XP PC? I assume the site describes the gory details ... I'm basically trying to install Win7 from CD without a CD drive.
  9. FYI ... wintoflash rocks ... downloaded app ... usb and Win7 cd in my old winXP box and it just made theings happen (I just had to click a couple buttons). Put usb in a mobo port and thing started loading win7. This got me past my cd issue (not sure what's up with that yet)!
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 CD-Rom Flash Drive