a scanner darkly ...

Archived from groups: rec.games.corewar (More info?)

hi redcoders,

i guess i found a nice way to create anti-stone scanners. here's the
code of "a scanner darkly" which was koth @ multiwarrior hill when i
sumitted it.

the problem is that oneshot strategy seemed not to be the best on the
other hills. any ideas how i can improove it?

;redcode
;name a scanner darkly
;author el kauka

;strategy anti-stone oneshot

org top

top add.ab #2365-1,2
jmz.f top,>ptr
ptr jmz.f top, -3
jmp attack

for 25
dat 0,0
rof

attack mov.b ptr,cl
add.ab #-95+ptr-cl,cl
jmp dclear

for 24
dat 0,0
rof

cl dat 0,0
dat 0,0
bmb dat <2667,12

dclear spl #0,#0
mov.i bmb,>cl
mov.i bmb,>cl
djn.f -1,>cl

end

its easy to implement that "trick" in a cmp-scanner:

top add.f inc,ptr
seq.i }ptr,>ptr
ptr sne.i -3, -13
jmp top
jmp attack

Archived from groups: rec.games.corewar (More info?)

> its easy to implement that "trick" in a cmp-scanner:
> top add.f inc,ptr
> seq.i }ptr,>ptr
> ptr sne.i -3, -13
> jmp top
> jmp attack

mmm, I wrote a bomb-detecting oneshot that uses that scan loop. Useful
to avoid bombs. I think i put the code in the web page.

G.Labarga