Closed

Change orientation of the monitor

I hope I can explain this. I have physically turned my LCD monitor 1/4 of a
turn clockwise, so what used to be the top is now the right side. The text
on the screen is also sideways. for example: the left side of the document
is at the top of the screen.

I want to be able to orient the text so I can read it. I've heard that this
can be done, but have no idea how to do it. If I have explained myself well
enough, I'm hoping somebody here can help.

Thank you,
Wendy
10 answers Last reply
More about change orientation monitor

    In news:7CC2D01B-5228-4E1D-A874-794581045C22@microsoft.com,
    goplayoutside <goplayoutside@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > I hope I can explain this. I have physically turned my LCD
    > monitor
    > 1/4 of a turn clockwise, so what used to be the top is now the
    > right
    > side. The text on the screen is also sideways. for example:
    > the
    > left side of the document is at the top of the screen.
    >
    > I want to be able to orient the text so I can read it. I've
    > heard
    > that this can be done, but have no idea how to do it. If I
    > have
    > explained myself well enough, I'm hoping somebody here can
    > help.

    Right-click on the desktop and choose "Properties." *If* your
    video card permits rotating the screen, you'll find the option to
    do it there somewhere.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    If you monitor has the facility to be turned from 'landscape' to 'portrait',
    then a CD would have been supplied that contains the program 'Pivot Pro'
    maybe?

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland

    "goplayoutside" <goplayoutside@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I hope I can explain this. I have physically turned my LCD monitor 1/4 of
    > turn clockwise, so what used to be the top is now the right side. The
    > text
    > on the screen is also sideways. for example: the left side of the
    > document
    > is at the top of the screen.
    >
    > I want to be able to orient the text so I can read it. I've heard that
    > this
    > can be done, but have no idea how to do it. If I have explained myself
    > well
    > enough, I'm hoping somebody here can help.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Wendy

    Just what Mike said....but also many video drivers have this capability
    already built in, you just have to look for it. It will most likely be
    referred to as screen rotation or rotate display.

    --
    Pavel

    > If you monitor has the facility to be turned from 'landscape' to
    > 'portrait', then a CD would have been supplied that contains the program
    > 'Pivot Pro' maybe?
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >
    > "If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have kept
    > it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland
    >

    > "goplayoutside" <goplayoutside@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>I hope I can explain this. I have physically turned my LCD monitor 1/4 of
    >> turn clockwise, so what used to be the top is now the right side. The
    >> text
    >> on the screen is also sideways. for example: the left side of the
    >> document
    >> is at the top of the screen.
    >>
    >> I want to be able to orient the text so I can read it. I've heard that
    >> this
    >> can be done, but have no idea how to do it. If I have explained myself
    >> well
    >> enough, I'm hoping somebody here can help.
    >>
    >> Thank you,
    >> Wendy

    "goplayoutside" <goplayoutside@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I hope I can explain this. I have physically turned my LCD monitor 1/4 of
    > turn clockwise, so what used to be the top is now the right side. The
    > text
    > on the screen is also sideways. for example: the left side of the
    > document
    > is at the top of the screen.
    >
    > I want to be able to orient the text so I can read it. I've heard that
    > this
    > can be done, but have no idea how to do it. If I have explained myself
    > well
    > enough, I'm hoping somebody here can help.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Wendy

    Try this
    Cntrl+Alt+arrow key to change the screen
    orientation

    rgds
    Li'l Roberto
  5. If you are using windows xp here's what to do
    1. right click on your desktop monitor
    2. Click graphic option
    3. Click rotation
    4. then click normal.
  6. WORKS!

    Thank you!

    suz
  7. Quote:
    If you are using windows xp here's what to do
    1. right click on your desktop monitor
    2. Click graphic option
    3. Click rotation
    4. then click normal.

    By "desktop monitor" do you mean simply the desktop? Or what?
    I don't see an option named "graphic" when I right-click the desktop. I don't see an option named "graphic" anywhere in the Display Properties control panel either. Help!
  8. aefields-

    I am having the same issue as you, i.e. no 'graphic option.' Did you resolve your issue and, if so, please explain how. Thanks!

    Wardo
    info@gethsemanelutheran.net
  9. This is an old/dead thread. If you have a question, please start your own thread.
  10. This topic has been closed by Aford10

Monitors Microsoft Windows XP