First Boot Device

Is there anyway to see the BIOS boot order (1st CD, 2nd Floppy, 3rd HDD)
through windows XP (possibly a registry key or something)? I ask because I
need to make sure all of the computers in my department are set to HDD first
and not CD incase they have a non-bootable CD in the drive and a power outage
(or Windows Update) causes a reboot. I don't want to goto every computer,
and would like to do this all remotely.

Thanks,
Jason Ryon
2 answers Last reply
More about first boot device

    The device boot order is only shown in the BIOS.
    There is no information in the Windows XP registry
    regarding the boot order.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Jason Ryon" wrote:

    | Is there anyway to see the BIOS boot order (1st CD, 2nd Floppy, 3rd HDD)
    | through windows XP (possibly a registry key or something)? I ask because I
    | need to make sure all of the computers in my department are set to HDD first
    | and not CD incase they have a non-bootable CD in the drive and a power outage
    | (or Windows Update) causes a reboot. I don't want to goto every computer,
    | and would like to do this all remotely.
    |
    | Thanks,
    | Jason Ryon

    Thanks,
    Jason

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > The device boot order is only shown in the BIOS.
    > There is no information in the Windows XP registry
    > regarding the boot order.
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Jason Ryon" wrote:
    >
    > | Is there anyway to see the BIOS boot order (1st CD, 2nd Floppy, 3rd HDD)
    > | through windows XP (possibly a registry key or something)? I ask because I
    > | need to make sure all of the computers in my department are set to HDD first
    > | and not CD incase they have a non-bootable CD in the drive and a power outage
    > | (or Windows Update) causes a reboot. I don't want to goto every computer,
    > | and would like to do this all remotely.
    > |
    > | Thanks,
    > | Jason Ryon

CD-Rom Windows XP