older games on windows 2000

Last response: in Video Games
January 31, 2005 11:27:02 PM

have favorite older games (not too old) played fine on windows 98 won't play
on windows 2000 professional which is what I am using now.

any help appreciated.
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 11:39:13 PM

Which game?

"emclendeni" <emclendeni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> have favorite older games (not too old) played fine on windows 98 won't
play
> on windows 2000 professional which is what I am using now.
>
> any help appreciated.

Anonymous
February 2, 2005 2:51:57 PM

Hi,

Install the latest SP for 2000 and try installing or playing those
games using Compatibility Mode. (Start / Help for more info).

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"emclendeni" <emclendeni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95835D43-4396-4322-991E-9DA8B17475B2@microsoft.com...
| have favorite older games (not too old) played fine on windows 98 won't play
| on windows 2000 professional which is what I am using now.
|
| any help appreciated.

February 2, 2005 11:01:01 PM

One is Settlers II and the other is really old Genesia
tried second guys suggestion didn't work

"Johnathon Havens" wrote:

> Which game?
>
> "emclendeni" <emclendeni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > have favorite older games (not too old) played fine on windows 98 won't
> play
> > on windows 2000 professional which is what I am using now.
> >
> > any help appreciated.

February 10, 2005 4:50:33 PM

"Jimmy S." <Private> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Install the latest SP for 2000 and try installing or playing those
> games using Compatibility Mode. (Start / Help for more info).

Which SP is that, I have SP4 on Win2K Pro and I can not
find Compatibility Mode.

Oz
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 4:50:34 PM

Hi Oz,

SP 4 should include it. Follow the instructions
from the Help menu to enable Compatibility mode
as it's not on by default. I hope that helps! :-)

Cheers,
Jimmy.

<oz@aus.net> wrote in message news:r7ol011tgnt8468dpc2u1bjqdu6aciulg7@4ax.com...
> "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Install the latest SP for 2000 and try installing or playing those
>> games using Compatibility Mode. (Start / Help for more info).
>

> Which SP is that, I have SP4 on Win2K Pro and I can not
> find Compatibility Mode.
>
> Oz
February 11, 2005 6:40:06 PM

"Jimmy S." <Private> wrote:

> Hi Oz,
>
> SP 4 should include it. Follow the instructions
> from the Help menu to enable Compatibility mode
> as it's not on by default. I hope that helps! :-)

If I search the Help menu all I get is the following;
Characteristics of Modems
Default security settings
What is DirectX
Glossary

Nothing about program Compatibility Mode

Oz
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 6:40:07 PM

Hi Oz,

Since I've have XP installed for a few years now, Google is my friend:
http://www.activewin.com/tips/win2000/1/2000_tips_43.sh... :-)

--

!