older games on windows 2000

have favorite older games (not too old) played fine on windows 98 won't play
on windows 2000 professional which is what I am using now.

any help appreciated.
8 answers Last reply
More about older games windows 2000

    Which game?

    "emclendeni" <emclendeni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > have favorite older games (not too old) played fine on windows 98 won't
    play
    > on windows 2000 professional which is what I am using now.
    >
    > any help appreciated.

    Hi,

    Install the latest SP for 2000 and try installing or playing those
    games using Compatibility Mode. (Start / Help for more info).

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "emclendeni" <emclendeni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95835D43-4396-4322-991E-9DA8B17475B2@microsoft.com...
    | have favorite older games (not too old) played fine on windows 98 won't play
    | on windows 2000 professional which is what I am using now.
    |
    | any help appreciated.

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    One is Settlers II and the other is really old Genesia
    tried second guys suggestion didn't work

    "Johnathon Havens" wrote:

    > Which game?
    >
    > "emclendeni" <emclendeni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > have favorite older games (not too old) played fine on windows 98 won't
    > play
    > > on windows 2000 professional which is what I am using now.
    > >
    > > any help appreciated.

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Install the latest SP for 2000 and try installing or playing those
    > games using Compatibility Mode. (Start / Help for more info).

    Which SP is that, I have SP4 on Win2K Pro and I can not
    find Compatibility Mode.

    Oz
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Hi Oz,

    SP 4 should include it. Follow the instructions
    from the Help menu to enable Compatibility mode
    as it's not on by default. I hope that helps! :-)

    Cheers,
    Jimmy.

    <oz@aus.net> wrote in message news:r7ol011tgnt8468dpc2u1bjqdu6aciulg7@4ax.com...
    > "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Install the latest SP for 2000 and try installing or playing those
    >> games using Compatibility Mode. (Start / Help for more info).
    >

    > Which SP is that, I have SP4 on Win2K Pro and I can not
    > find Compatibility Mode.
    >
    > Oz
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote:

    > Hi Oz,
    >
    > SP 4 should include it. Follow the instructions
    > from the Help menu to enable Compatibility mode
    > as it's not on by default. I hope that helps! :-)

    If I search the Help menu all I get is the following;
    Characteristics of Modems
    Default security settings
    What is DirectX
    Glossary

    Nothing about program Compatibility Mode

    Oz
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Hi Oz,

    Since I've have XP installed for a few years now, Google is my friend:
    http://www.activewin.com/tips/win2000/1/2000_tips_43.shtml :-)

    --

    <oz@aus.net> wrote in message news:i1jo01hg8ujl3kbts3h68fap0re4cf93fo@4ax.com...
    > "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Oz,
    >>
    >> SP 4 should include it. Follow the instructions
    >> from the Help menu to enable Compatibility mode
    >> as it's not on by default. I hope that helps! :-)
    >>

    > If I search the Help menu all I get is the following;
    > Characteristics of Modems
    > Default security settings
    > What is DirectX
    > Glossary
    >
    > Nothing about program Compatibility Mode
    >
    > Oz
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote:

    > Hi Oz,
    >
    > Since I've have XP installed for a few years now, Google is my friend:
    > http://www.activewin.com/tips/win2000/1/2000_tips_43.shtml :-)

    Thanks Jimmy

    I will give it a go.

    Oz

Windows 2000 Games Microsoft Video Games