Any LCDs able to run 1st shooters w/no ghost?

sandman38

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2004
Question:

Has anyone come across a 19” LCD Monitor that’s under $500 that doesn’t produce “bleeding” on games like Battlefield 2 and any other first person shooter. I’ve been doing some reading on the customer reviews at some sites like NewEgg and their always seems to be folks reporting ghosting even on those units that have less than 8ms and DVI connections? At the moment I’m using an AMD Athlonxp 3200, 1gb Memory, Nvidia 6600 GT, Hitachi 19” Superscan 753!

Any Suggestions? How is your LCD running?

Thank you all for your time and help.

All the best.
Sandman38

picture_perfect

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2003
all lcd's ghost compared to a properly set up crt. anybody who claims there is "no ghosting" has just never seen a crt set up crt with vsync enabled, constant fps, and a good 500hz usb patch applied to a high dpi mouse. do this and a computer system can display rock solid animation - consequently any weakness in the display device will show itself. try it with a crt you will get crisp animation. try it with an lcd. now you can see true ghosting.

but for those who dont bother with fps or hz a crt can display very bad blur (and other artifacts) very similar or worse than ghosting especially if fps or mouse inputs get too low below the refresh rate. anyway, for crt users used to this, an lcd might not seem bad at all. in the end it depends on what your used to.

picture_perfect

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2003
i cant speak for the 2405fpw but i had a chance to play need for speed a while on the 2005fpw at the local dell kiosk. the picture was nothing short of awsome except for the ghosting which i defenitley saw. i fiddled with the contrast and stuff to no avail. still im still not sure i wouldnt choose it over my crt.

lo,

personally i have no clue what ghosting looks like. i have a laptop with a 15.4" wsxga lcd. in the user guide that came with the laptop it said a response time of 20-35ms. the way people go on my whole screen should be a blur when playing games( i play css and dod btw). perhaps the reason is i am usually to busy trying to stay alive to worry about anything else. so i say you shoot first and ask questions later :D .

Flanno

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
I vouch for the 2405fpw for gaming too, despite the review on this site. They seem to think it has too much smearing for gaming, but my bet is they didn't even bother trying it with any games, which just makes it hard to trust anything reviewed on this site anymore. Annoying that. At most some hardcore fps players will tell you there is some ghosting but it depends how fast you are moving and how much you notice that ting anyway. For me and a lot of people and alot of other sites who reviewed this panel it's just fine.