New Hardware Question

I installed the only XP scanner driver I can find for my old Epson
Perfection 600. It works fine, but since it's not verified by MS, everytime
I boot up XP starts the New hardware wizzard. How do I tell XP the driver
is ok and to not bring up the New hardware wizzard?

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about hardware question

    The fact that a device driver isn't verified will not cause re-runs of the
    hardware wizard. That's a one time message when installing the driver.
    Although it's not clear, I infer from your post that the Epson XP driver you
    installed is not actually intended for your scanner. When PnP is checking
    hardware on start up it's not finding a driver with a device id matched to
    your hardware. In theory it might be possible to fudge the device id's in
    the driver's .inf file, but that's not a simple matter.
    --

    "Crhoff" <cr-nospam-hoff@bestnetpc.com> wrote in message
    >I installed the only XP scanner driver I can find for my old Epson
    >Perfection 600. It works fine, but since it's not verified by MS,
    >everytime I boot up XP starts the New hardware wizzard. How do I tell XP
    >the driver is ok and to not bring up the New hardware wizzard?
    >
    > Thanks

    The driver was a umax driver that someone modified to work with the epson
    scanner which in fact was made by umax. And everything works great if I
    could just get rid of the Hardware wizzard

    "GTS" <x> wrote in message news:e5QeZe3cFHA.1288@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > The fact that a device driver isn't verified will not cause re-runs of the
    > hardware wizard. That's a one time message when installing the driver.
    > Although it's not clear, I infer from your post that the Epson XP driver
    > you installed is not actually intended for your scanner. When PnP is
    > checking hardware on start up it's not finding a driver with a device id
    > matched to your hardware. In theory it might be possible to fudge the
    > device id's in the driver's .inf file, but that's not a simple matter.
    > --
    >
    > "Crhoff" <cr-nospam-hoff@bestnetpc.com> wrote in message
    >>I installed the only XP scanner driver I can find for my old Epson
    >>Perfection 600. It works fine, but since it's not verified by MS,
    >>everytime I boot up XP starts the New hardware wizzard. How do I tell XP
    >>the driver is ok and to not bring up the New hardware wizzard?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    complete all the steps in the New Hardware Wizard and see what happens.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    Crhoff wrote:
    > I installed the only XP scanner driver I can find for my old Epson
    > Perfection 600. It works fine, but since it's not verified by MS, everytime
    > I boot up XP starts the New hardware wizzard. How do I tell XP the driver
    > is ok and to not bring up the New hardware wizzard?
    >
    > Thanks

    I did all the steps and everything installed normally except the warning
    about the driver not being verified. Somewhere there must be an ID problem.

    "S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
    > complete all the steps in the New Hardware Wizard and see what happens.
    >
    > regards,
    > ssg MS-MVP
    >

    > Crhoff wrote:
    >> I installed the only XP scanner driver I can find for my old Epson
    >> Perfection 600. It works fine, but since it's not verified by MS,
    >> everytime I boot up XP starts the New hardware wizzard. How do I tell XP
    >> the driver is ok and to not bring up the New hardware wizzard?
    >>
    >> Thanks

Hardware Windows XP