Card Reader has to be disabled and then enabled?

deertroy1

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
Hello,

Every time I start my computer my internal card reader has to be disabled and then enabled in device manager before it will work properly. I put a SD card in it and auto open doesn't work. I check My Computer and it shows that it's there but when I double click it to open I get a message saying to please insert the SD card. Once I go to device manager and disable and enable it orks fine. I tried different cards but it makes no difference.
I installed a different card reader but the new one does the same thing. This leads me to think it is a Windows issue.
I tried doing a repair install but it completes and says the upgrade was not successful?
Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this.

I am running Windows & Pro 64-bit. This is a Renesas controller and I am using the latest driver 2.1.36.0 with firmware 4015.

deertroy1

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
I'm not sure but I may have found the problem. I see where a guy here (http://www.windowsbbs.com/pc-hardware/102858-internal-card-reader-disappears.html) was having a similar problem and it was caused by Acronis. I recently installed Acronis 2012. I haven't had a chance to uninstall it but I'll update this post when I do.

deertroy1

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
Acronis was my problem. I uninstalled it and now ny card reader i working fine. Maybe you have another program that's doing the same thing. Try to think of a program you may have installed around the time your card reader started acting up.

Unfortunatly it wasn't like that as I had purchased the card reader and it didn't work so I got another different brand and that one didn't work either , so I've gone trough three different models and none of them work so I don't know what could be causeing it. Hardware or software.