I inherited a old laptop that works just fine, but does not have a mini pc wireless client adapter. What type of wireless adapter should I buy?
2 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about laptop
  1. Best answer
    Don't try adding a mini-PCI even if there's a slot for it as the computer may not accept anything but the one normally fitted at the factory.

    That leaves your choices as USB or PCMCIA. Personally I favour the latter. Although they cost a little more PCMCIA seems more reliable and there's less sticking out from the computer to get damaged.

    As for brand -- there's not much difference. Unbranded ones may not offer the same degree of after sales support as, say, Netgear, Linksys, Dlink.

    Most new cards are 802.11n wireless -- but you should be happy with 802.11g.
  2. Best answer selected by billymath58.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Wireless Mini PCs Wireless Adapter Mobile Computing