Blue screen when inserting media into DVD-Rom

Hi, I've having serious problems every time I put media into the DVD-Rom
drive on my PC running XP SP2, keep getting this error: 0x0000008E
(0xC0000005, 0x804E37EE, 0xF353A8B4, 0X00000000). Have tried turning off
autoplay, but no effect, only way around it that seams to work is by pressing
shift whem I put the disc in & crossing my fingers.

Have no problems when I put the disc in the DVD RW

can anyone help ?
1 answer Last reply
More about blue screen inserting media

    Could be drivers for your drive,try updateing, or a memory problem or
    something else entirely like a conflict between two devices.These problems
    can be tricky to solve.You may need to try several different things.
    Try these out to trouble shoot stop messages.

    http://www.theeldergeek.com/stop_error_messages.htm

    http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php

    "Trig" <Trig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I've having serious problems every time I put media into the DVD-Rom
    > drive on my PC running XP SP2, keep getting this error: 0x0000008E
    > (0xC0000005, 0x804E37EE, 0xF353A8B4, 0X00000000). Have tried turning off
    > autoplay, but no effect, only way around it that seams to work is by
    > pressing
    > shift whem I put the disc in & crossing my fingers.
    >
    > Have no problems when I put the disc in the DVD RW
    >
    > can anyone help ?

Blue Screen DVD Drives Windows XP