Blue screen when inserting media into DVD-Rom

June 17, 2005 5:13:13 PM

Hi, I've having serious problems every time I put media into the DVD-Rom
drive on my PC running XP SP2, keep getting this error: 0x0000008E
(0xC0000005, 0x804E37EE, 0xF353A8B4, 0X00000000). Have tried turning off
autoplay, but no effect, only way around it that seams to work is by pressing
shift whem I put the disc in & crossing my fingers.

Have no problems when I put the disc in the DVD RW

can anyone help ?
June 18, 2005 7:53:45 PM

Could be drivers for your drive,try updateing, or a memory problem or
something else entirely like a conflict between two devices.These problems
can be tricky to solve.You may need to try several different things.
Try these out to trouble shoot stop messages.

http://www.theeldergeek.com/stop_error_messages.htm

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php