Hi there, and thanks for the replies to my last post.
2. 2x512mb PC3200 Corsair memory
3. 9700 Pro graphics card
4. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe motherboard (rev 1.04 - was only 333 FSB)
5. 360W PSU
Having just upgraded to the XP3200+, I updated the bios to support FSB400. After also updating the nforce drivers, this seemed to work fine.
Problem is system seems stable until I do something intensive (eg run 3dmark03 or start Ut2003) - then the system just freezes.
I'm running all the bios settings at optimal for stability.
Replies to my previous post:
1. Try running voltage at 2.7v - did not help.
2. Run memtest at different settings. Memtest ran ok for 10 cycles with system on proper settings. Only reports error (and system freezes) again when start up any intensive program.
3. Replace motherboard with new a7n8x - apparently the nforce chip was changed from earlier versions and actually doesn't support memory and cpu at 200fsb).
I've been able to run the system at 166fsb, and multiplier 12.5 so think it is maybe the ram (or mb at fault).