Registry- Why it's still appear on next scan even after de..

June 17, 2005 5:22:04 PM

I do find many times, some of files, Registry and others been deleted by reg
cleaners and spyware utilities and scan again ( With Purchased as well
Adaware, Ace ulilities)it still appears? Why?

What should I do to completely?

More about : registry scan

June 17, 2005 6:13:51 PM

Samshun wrote:

> I do find many times, some of files, Registry and others been deleted by reg
> cleaners and spyware utilities and scan again ( With Purchased as well
> Adaware, Ace ulilities)it still appears? Why?
>
> What should I do to completely?

For one thing stop using registry cleaners, unless you have sufficient
knowledge to know what you're doing in which case registry cleaners are
essentially not needed.

All malware scans should be done in safe mode.

THE PARASITE FIGHT
Finding, Removing & Protecting Yourself From Scumware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

Richard Harper’s Guide to Cleaning Pests
http://rgharper.mvps.org/cleanit.htm

For viruses, start with Trend Micro’s Sysclean and McAfee’s Stinger.
Download them and the Sysclean signature file. Delete the temporary
internet files, turn off system restore, boot into safe mode and run
them. Boot back into normal mode and run a full AV scan with your
normal AV program. Then turn system restore back on.

Trend Micro Sysclean

Trend Micro Signature File

McAfee AVert Stinger Virus Removal Tool
http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

You should also regularly run at least two of these online scans in
addition to your regular up to date AV program:

Online and Downloadable Virus Scanning:

Panda ActiveScan
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_...

Bit Defender Online Virus Scan:
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/license.php

Symantec Online Virus and Security Scan:
http://security.symantec.com/ssc/home.asp

TrendMicro:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.as...

McAfee Online Virus Scan:
http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/mfs/default.asp

RAV AntiVirus - Scan Online
http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/

F-Secure:
http://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtml

Run these programs to check for spyware/malware. After installing
update them, then boot into safe mode and run them. You should update
and run them weekly.

Cwshredder
http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_downloa...

Ad-aware SE
http://www.lavasoftusa.com

Spybot Search and Destroy
http://www.safer-networking.org

Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner
http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10247783.html

Pest Patrol Free Pest Scanner
http://store.ca.com/dr/v2/ec_main.entry25?page=FindOutW...

If you’re still having problems after running these then run HijackThis
and post the log to one of the specialty forums, _NOT_ this one.

HijackThis

Forums to Interpret HijackThis Logs:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/

After your system is clean use these programs to help keep it clean:

Spywareblaster
www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html

Spywareguard
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sgdownload.html

IE-SPYAD
http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/resource.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

All malware scans should be done in safe mode.

Thanks a lot for the detail Informations.

Will you plaease let us know in more details, If Possible Step by steps or
any links consists step by steps of How to scan in safe mode?

"Rock" wrote:

> [...]
> http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_downloa...
>
> Ad-aware SE
> http://www.lavasoftusa.com
>
> Spybot Search and Destroy
> http://www.safer-networking.org
>
> Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner
> http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10247783.html
>
> Pest Patrol Free Pest Scanner
> http://store.ca.com/dr/v2/ec_main.entry25?page=FindOutW...
>
> If you’re still having problems after running these then run HijackThis
> and post the log to one of the specialty forums, _NOT_ this one.
>
> HijackThis
> http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=3155
>
> Forums to Interpret HijackThis Logs:
>
> http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
> http://forum.aumha.org/viewforum.php?f=30
> http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/
>
> After your system is clean use these programs to help keep it clean:

Anonymous
June 17, 2005 9:02:22 PM

How to start Windows in Safe Mode Windows XP
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtu...

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:C5D83A7C-CA8A-4293-81E3-71C006C98343@microsoft.com,
Samshun <Samshun@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> [...]
>> http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_downloa...
>>
>> Ad-aware SE
>> http://www.lavasoftusa.com
>>
>> Spybot Search and Destroy
>> http://www.safer-networking.org
>>
>> Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner
>> http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10247783.html
>>
>> Pest Patrol Free Pest Scanner

http://store.ca.com/dr/v2/ec_main.entry25?page=FindOutW...

>> If you’re still having problems after running these then run HijackThis
>> and post the log to one of the specialty forums, _NOT_ this one.
>>
>> HijackThis
>> http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=3155
>>
>> Forums to Interpret HijackThis Logs:
>>
>> http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
>> http://forum.aumha.org/viewforum.php?f=30
>> http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
>> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/
>>
>> After your system is clean use these programs to help keep it clean:

June 18, 2005 12:25:02 AM

Samshun wrote:

> All malware scans should be done in safe mode.
>
> Thanks a lot for the detail Informations.
>
> Will you plaease let us know in more details, If Possible Step by steps or
> any links consists step by steps of How to scan in safe mode?
>
> " All malware scans should be done in safe mode".

<snip>

You're welcome. Here's info on how to get into safe mode.

A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315222

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User