Registry- Why it's still appear on next scan even after de..

I do find many times, some of files, Registry and others been deleted by reg
cleaners and spyware utilities and scan again ( With Purchased as well
Adaware, Ace ulilities)it still appears? Why?

What should I do to completely?
4 answers Last reply
More about registry scan

    Samshun wrote:

    > I do find many times, some of files, Registry and others been deleted by reg
    > cleaners and spyware utilities and scan again ( With Purchased as well
    > Adaware, Ace ulilities)it still appears? Why?
    >
    > What should I do to completely?

    For one thing stop using registry cleaners, unless you have sufficient
    knowledge to know what you're doing in which case registry cleaners are
    essentially not needed.

    All malware scans should be done in safe mode.

    THE PARASITE FIGHT
    Finding, Removing & Protecting Yourself From Scumware
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

    Richard Harper’s Guide to Cleaning Pests
    http://rgharper.mvps.org/cleanit.htm

    For viruses, start with Trend Micro’s Sysclean and McAfee’s Stinger.
    Download them and the Sysclean signature file. Delete the temporary
    internet files, turn off system restore, boot into safe mode and run
    them. Boot back into normal mode and run a full AV scan with your
    normal AV program. Then turn system restore back on.

    Trend Micro Sysclean

    Trend Micro Signature File

    McAfee AVert Stinger Virus Removal Tool
    http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

    You should also regularly run at least two of these online scans in
    addition to your regular up to date AV program:

    Online and Downloadable Virus Scanning:

    Panda ActiveScan

    Bit Defender Online Virus Scan:
    http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/license.php

    Symantec Online Virus and Security Scan:
    http://security.symantec.com/ssc/home.asp

    TrendMicro:

    McAfee Online Virus Scan:
    http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/mfs/default.asp

    RAV AntiVirus - Scan Online
    http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/

    F-Secure:
    http://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtml

    Run these programs to check for spyware/malware. After installing
    update them, then boot into safe mode and run them. You should update
    and run them weekly.

    Cwshredder

    Ad-aware SE
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com

    Spybot Search and Destroy
    http://www.safer-networking.org

    Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner
    http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10247783.html

    Pest Patrol Free Pest Scanner
    http://store.ca.com/dr/v2/ec_main.entry25?page=FindOutWhosWatchingYou&client=ComputerAssociates&sid=35715

    If you’re still having problems after running these then run HijackThis
    and post the log to one of the specialty forums, _NOT_ this one.

    HijackThis

    Forums to Interpret HijackThis Logs:

    http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
    http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/

    After your system is clean use these programs to help keep it clean:

    Spywareblaster
    www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html

    Spywareguard
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sgdownload.html

    IE-SPYAD
    http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/resource.htm

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    All malware scans should be done in safe mode.

    Thanks a lot for the detail Informations.

    Will you plaease let us know in more details, If Possible Step by steps or
    any links consists step by steps of How to scan in safe mode?

    "Rock" wrote:

> [...]
    >
    > Ad-aware SE
    > http://www.lavasoftusa.com
    >
    > Spybot Search and Destroy
    > http://www.safer-networking.org
    >
    > Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner
    > http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10247783.html
    >
    > Pest Patrol Free Pest Scanner
    > http://store.ca.com/dr/v2/ec_main.entry25?page=FindOutWhosWatchingYou&client=ComputerAssociates&sid=35715
    >
    > If you’re still having problems after running these then run HijackThis
    > and post the log to one of the specialty forums, _NOT_ this one.
    >
    > HijackThis
    > http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=3155
    >
    > Forums to Interpret HijackThis Logs:
    >
    > http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
    > http://forum.aumha.org/viewforum.php?f=30
    > http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
    > http://www.wilderssecurity.com/
    >
    > After your system is clean use these programs to help keep it clean:

    How to start Windows in Safe Mode Windows XP
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtutorial=61#winxo

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:C5D83A7C-CA8A-4293-81E3-71C006C98343@microsoft.com,
    Samshun <Samshun@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    Samshun wrote:

    > All malware scans should be done in safe mode.
    >
    > Thanks a lot for the detail Informations.
    >
    > Will you plaease let us know in more details, If Possible Step by steps or
    > any links consists step by steps of How to scan in safe mode?
    >
    > " All malware scans should be done in safe mode".

    <snip>

    You're welcome. Here's info on how to get into safe mode.

    A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315222

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User