BadCompany

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2004
Hey guys,
I decided to hook up a digital cable to my cdrom and sound card (SB Audigy2 ZS) but no where in any manuals I have does it say which way the heads of the cable should be facing when connected into the connectors in the cdrom and sound card. I find it hard to believe that it doesnt matter due to the fact that it matters with all other connectors and that it looks like one of the pin wholes in each cable head is "empty", and the wires are color coded. So does it not matter which way they go in? or how do I do it? Thanks a lot.

-Craig

HammerBot

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
Not all soundcards or CDroms have a digital output/input connector. Check for a 2-pin connector. The 4-pin connectors are analog. The cable should have a 2-pin connector in each end, and there is only one place on the soundcard/CDrom it will fit. If you don't have any 2-pin connectors, your soundcard/CDrom doesn't have digital input/output.

<i><b>Engineering is the fine art of making what you want from things you can get</b></i>

TWC

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2001
The 2 pin digital connector can only go in one way. Your card does have one and if you read the manual it shows you where its at. It looks the same on your Cd rom. FYI, if you are useing Windows XP you do not need to hook any cables up to the card from your ROM devices.

P4 1.8a @ 2.25, Radeon 9800Pro 380/340, 512mb Corsair xms DDR333, Audigy 2ZS on Boston Acoustics B7800 4.1's, Western Digital 7200rpm 80gb SE, Antec True Power 480W