Mysteriously locked data files - Tracking the owner

I occasionally encounter an open file that cannot be deleted, even
when all apps are closed. I usually look in Task Manager and
ProcExplorer, but usually don't spot any likely cause.

I'm not talking about large AVI files...I know about that problem
(XP's gung-ho multimedia functions want to catalog them).

Does anyone know of a utility that can tell which process is hanging
on to a file, given the file's name and location?

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

http://www.dr-hoiby.com/WhoLockMe/index.php