Trent

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004

I've encountered a familiar error with the writing wizard. I've read some of
the posts about this error and even went and got the Nero Burner but to no
avail I recieved an error message from that as well. I did a recovery wizard
backup of my origin files that took up 8 disks so I know that it at least
used to work. Yet I'm only trying to copy very important Internet data from
file to CD.. but to no avail. I've done the manual automatic start procedure
as well.

Could it be the CD's that are wrong? They are cd-w and that's correct
right? I'm unsure as to how to proceed. Do any of you here have any
suggestions, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

trent wrote:

> I've encountered a familiar error with the writing wizard. I've read some of
> the posts about this error and even went and got the Nero Burner but to no
> avail I recieved an error message from that as well. I did a recovery wizard
> backup of my origin files that took up 8 disks so I know that it at least
> used to work. Yet I'm only trying to copy very important Internet data from
> file to CD.. but to no avail. I've done the manual automatic start procedure
> as well.
>
> Could it be the CD's that are wrong? They are cd-w and that's correct
> right? I'm unsure as to how to proceed. Do any of you here have any
> suggestions, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Burning CDs in Windows XP
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Jim

"trent" <trent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've encountered a familiar error with the writing wizard. I've read some
of
> the posts about this error and even went and got the Nero Burner but to no
> avail I recieved an error message from that as well. I did a recovery
wizard
> backup of my origin files that took up 8 disks so I know that it at least
> used to work. Yet I'm only trying to copy very important Internet data
from
> file to CD.. but to no avail. I've done the manual automatic start
procedure
> as well.
>
> Could it be the CD's that are wrong? They are cd-w and that's correct
> right? I'm unsure as to how to proceed. Do any of you here have any
> suggestions, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
For starters, tell us the exact error message. Otherwise, we need to get
out our crystal balls (mine is broken right now).
Jim