Second installation of halo?

Last response: in Video Games
February 4, 2005 8:37:02 PM

I've got some friends who don't want to update their version of halo since
they can't get onto the internet. The problem is when I want to join in the
lan party they do on the weekends, I can't play without uninstalling and
reinstalling halo. Is there a way for me to create a second installation of
Halo on my PC so I don't have to do this time consuming task?

More about : installation halo

Anonymous
February 5, 2005 6:45:49 AM

I can't think of any legitimate reason not to update Halo.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"Brightstar" <Brightstar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33F1EC22-0335-4DCA-94FA-C753D8ADF3EC@microsoft.com...
> I've got some friends who don't want to update their version of halo since
> they can't get onto the internet. The problem is when I want to join in the
> lan party they do on the weekends, I can't play without uninstalling and
> reinstalling halo. Is there a way for me to create a second installation of
> Halo on my PC so I don't have to do this time consuming task?
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 9:55:02 PM

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> I can't think of any legitimate reason not to update Halo.

And I said they have no internet access. No internet access = No Updates =
The problem I have. They can't afford it. And there are no free ISPs in our
area. Trust me, I looked.
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 1:26:01 AM

Hi Brightstar,

You could theoretically have 2 partitions with Halo installed.
Install Halo to the first partition, rename that partition to another
letter, and then copy your installation to a 2nd partition which
you will assign the same drive letter. You can then switch back
and forth between the updated version and the regular one.

It would probably be easier to host the LAN party at your place
one day though, so your friend can use your internet connection.

--

!