msmsgs service in base station port forwarding

For my wireless base station, under the persistent port
forwarding config, I find a full page of MSMSGS labels for
all kinds of IP's that are not active on my LAN. Each
entry shows a different IP and a different port.

I saw a few of these awhile back, and I removed them when I
was doing some cleanup on the base station. Now they are
back, and I am 100% sure i didnt create them, and no one
else has access to the base.

My admin pwd is damn secure, so I would be shocked to hear
that someone came in from the inside and did anything while
war driving....

Thoughts???

Windows Messenger 4.x is creating those.

Windows Messenger 5.x won't.
Would suggest you download that from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=77c3799f-6388-4193-8002-be55584c1ac1&DisplayLang=en

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Josh Doll" <mspost@cjoshdoll.com> wrote in message
> For my wireless base station, under the persistent port
> forwarding config, I find a full page of MSMSGS labels for
> all kinds of IP's that are not active on my LAN. Each
> entry shows a different IP and a different port.
>
> I saw a few of these awhile back, and I removed them when I
> was doing some cleanup on the base station. Now they are
> back, and I am 100% sure i didnt create them, and no one
> else has access to the base.
>
> My admin pwd is damn secure, so I would be shocked to hear
> that someone came in from the inside and did anything while
> war driving....
>
> Thoughts???

joker

They are created by computers running an older version of Windows
Messenger. You may also want to enable MAC filtering.