trubtc

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2004
hello all, i have a question on cooling my case, i have 7 cooling fans 4 in front of case, 2 in rear and 1 on top, in which direction should i have these blowing to have the best cooling ?

HammerBot

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
Do you really need that many fans? I suggest you remove at least one. I would remove 1 front fan and put the remain three to blow into the case. The 2 rear and 1 top should blow out.
If all fans run the same speed, one additional fan wouldn't do much good. If it blows in, it would blow more air in than there comes out. Usually this gives various wind noises from the fans where you try to push air through.

<i><b>Engineering is the fine art of making what you want from things you can get</b></i>

Auburn9698

Champion
Front fans pulling in. Rear and top throwing the air out.

Here's <A HREF="http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/23794.pdf" target="_new">one article, with diagrams</A>, if you wanna look. Check the diagram on page labeled 16, or hit "Chassis Airflow" on the left side. It doesn't actually show a fan on the top, but you can see that it would go with the theme.

<font color=blue>War</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Eagle</font color=orange>