XP locking up on Boot

Over the last few days I have had trouble booting into WIN XP from
HIBERNATION mode. The screen just would spend a long time at the Resumning
windows screen. Today I can't even boot into Windows XP Pro other than in
SAFE mode.

The last good CONFIG does not work either.

What should I do y viruses out there? I have VET. In previous windows
versions - whenever I go into SAFE mode I can always get the system running
again.

Thanks in advance.
John

Kraze

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2005

Reasons why you may be having this problem can be one of many such as:

a.. Your hardware does not properly support standby and hibernation.
a.. Your system firmware is out-of-date.
a.. Your peripheral firmware is out-of-date.
a.. You are using outdated driver files that do not support power
management.
a.. You are using incompatible software that installs components that either
interfere with or do not support power management.

~*Kim*~

MCP/MCSA/MCSE
The Canadian DOS Prompt: EH?\>

"JM7" <h@cs.com> wrote in message
> Over the last few days I have had trouble booting into WIN XP from
> HIBERNATION mode. The screen just would spend a long time at the
> Resumning
> windows screen. Today I can't even boot into Windows XP Pro other than in
> SAFE mode.
>
> The last good CONFIG does not work either.
>
> What should I do y viruses out there? I have VET. In previous windows
> versions - whenever I go into SAFE mode I can always get the system
> running
> again.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> John

Thanks,

But Hibernate has always worked flawlessly on this machine. I can't thinkof
anything new I have installed just prior to this problem occurring.

John

Is automatic update enabled on your system? Did the problem happen after a Windows XP
update?
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com