  • Backup
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
June 17, 2005 11:16:07 PM

Can someone tell me what files make up the registery
and in what directory they are located so I can back
them up using a standard backup program?

Thanks
Richard

More about : registery backup question

Anonymous
June 17, 2005 11:16:08 PM

How to back up, edit, and restore the registry in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322756

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Richard" wrote:

| Can someone tell me what files make up the registery
| and in what directory they are located so I can back
| them up using a standard backup program?
|
| Thanks
| Richard
June 18, 2005 3:29:34 AM

Richard wrote:

> Can someone tell me what files make up the registery
> and in what directory they are located so I can back
> them up using a standard backup program?
>
> Thanks
> Richard

A good program for registry backups is ERUNT. Safe and reliable. Read
the documentation.

http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/erunt...

Also system restore saves a backup of the registry in the restore point.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User