Registery Backup Question

Can someone tell me what files make up the registery
and in what directory they are located so I can back
them up using a standard backup program?

Thanks
Richard
2 answers Last reply
More about registery backup question

    How to back up, edit, and restore the registry in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322756

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Richard wrote:

    > Can someone tell me what files make up the registery
    > and in what directory they are located so I can back
    > them up using a standard backup program?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Richard

    A good program for registry backups is ERUNT. Safe and reliable. Read
    the documentation.

    http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/erunt.txt

    Also system restore saves a backup of the registry in the restore point.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Backup Microsoft Windows XP