file asociations

June 17, 2005 8:32:03 PM

all my file associations have been deleted by mistake i don't know how to
reset them i keep getting this file has no program associated with it or the
file or folder just does not open help please

More about : file asociations

Anonymous
June 17, 2005 10:37:46 PM

Can't open EXE files
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555067&Product=winxp

Windows XP File Association Fixes

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"renee" wrote:

| all my file associations have been deleted by mistake i don't know how to
| reset them i keep getting this file has no program associated with it or the
| file or folder just does not open help please
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 12:53:03 AM

Hi Renee,

Restore file associations easily:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_easy_file.htm

[Courtesy: MVP-Doug Knox]

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

In memory of Alex Nichol

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"renee" <renee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> all my file associations have been deleted by mistake i don't know how to
> reset them i keep getting this file has no program associated with it or the
> file or folder just does not open help please

June 18, 2005 5:38:29 AM

"renee" <renee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> all my file associations have been deleted by mistake i don't know how to
> reset them i keep getting this file has no program associated with it or
the
> file or folder just does not open help please

You need to recreate them. Help & Support has instructions on how to do
this. It is a lot of work so be more careful in the future.
Jim
!