file asociations

all my file associations have been deleted by mistake i don't know how to
reset them i keep getting this file has no program associated with it or the
file or folder just does not open help please
3 answers Last reply
More about file asociations

    Can't open EXE files
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555067&Product=winxp

    Windows XP File Association Fixes

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "renee" wrote:

    | all my file associations have been deleted by mistake i don't know how to
    | reset them i keep getting this file has no program associated with it or the
    | file or folder just does not open help please

    Hi Renee,

    Restore file associations easily:
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_easy_file.htm

    [Courtesy: MVP-Doug Knox]

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    In memory of Alex Nichol

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "renee" <renee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > all my file associations have been deleted by mistake i don't know how to
    > reset them i keep getting this file has no program associated with it or the
    > file or folder just does not open help please

    "renee" <renee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > all my file associations have been deleted by mistake i don't know how to
    > reset them i keep getting this file has no program associated with it or
    the
    > file or folder just does not open help please

    You need to recreate them. Help & Support has instructions on how to do
    this. It is a lot of work so be more careful in the future.
    Jim

Microsoft Windows XP