Archived from groups: rec.games.corewar (More info?)

Dnia 24-02-2005 o godz. 16:33 CH napisal:
> To those who participated in the football round of the rft tournament
> could you PLEASE tell me what you thought of the CORRECTED version of
> my program! Just tell me it wasn´t a complete waste of time. :-(

And what the corrected version is? Can you please send it to the newsgroup with a short description. The version on www.corewar.info is a bit enigmatic.
Anyway I think 21th RF Round was weird enough to treat it as a pure fun, not a real competition. And when you are having fun, it can't be waste of time, right? ;]
Lukasz Adamowski

-= "War is a problem, never a solution" =-
-= "Wojna jest problemem, a nie rozwiazaniem" =-

"Handlarz kaw±" Davida Lissa, thriller o pocz±tkach kawy w Europie!
http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=www.ksiazki.wp.pl%2Fkatalog%2Fksiazki%2Fksiazka.html%3Fkw%3D6086&sid=321

Lukasz Adamowski wrote:
> Dnia 24-02-2005 o godz. 16:33 CH napisal:
> > To those who participated in the football round of the rft
tournament
> > could you PLEASE tell me what you thought of the CORRECTED version
of
> > my program! Just tell me it wasn´t a complete waste of time. :-(
>
> And what the corrected version is? Can you please send it to the
newsgroup with a short description. The version on www.corewar.info is
a bit enigmatic.
> Anyway I think 21th RF Round was weird enough to treat it as a pure
fun, not a real competition. And when you are having fun, it can't be
waste of time, right? ;]
> Lukasz Adamowski

It is not a waste of time!

Regarding the corrected version of the program, I have to leave it to
the experts. Like any other games, rules have their advantages and
disadvantages. As long as all players agreed, everyone will have some
fun.

Archived from groups: rec.games.corewar (More info?)

Actually I meant a waste of your (valuable) time. :)

I tried to optimise the scanning loop and core clear
but ran out of time before I could finish the pit so ALL
my optimising went to waste. :-(

My program scans the whole core for anything with
both fields zero and bombs around it with
jmp #0, #0 (just in case the b-field gets modified ;-)
after it has scanned the entire core it starts a vampire
coreclear (capturing the ball and the enemy). The
captured processes scan linearly for the enemy goal
and the process that finds it bombs it, eventually the
ball will bomb it.

;redcode-94
;name Adonowutjatinc
;author CH
;strategy An obese scanner probably destined
;strategy for last place. But who cares? :)
;assert CORESIZE=8000

goal equ 4000
ball equ 3004

lenth equ 24 ;18 scanable by jmz and 20 scanable by seq
;one bombable by nearly anything and one bombable by dats only
step equ 4293

org scan

a equ 21 ;lost original values
b equ 0
c equ 0

for a
jmp #0, #ball ;just in case someone scans here
rof
dat 0, 0
for b
jmp #0, #ball
rof
dat 0, 0
for c
jmp #0, #ball
rof
for 55-2
dat 0, 0
rof
wait djn.a #0, @clr
inc add #step, @scan
scan jmz.f inc, @ptr
slt #0-lenth, ptr
mov.f @scan, dir
spl wait, }dir
jmn clr, ptr
sub.f #1, 2
spl #0, #0
clr mov bomb, >dir
jmn.a clr, @-1
dat goal, 0
jmp 0, ptr
bomb jmp #0, #0
dir spl #0, #0
seq.x -4, >4
jmp -1
mov.b 2, 3
mov -7, <2
jmp -1, 5
jmp -6, -24
jmp -1
ptr dat 14, step
end

for those interested I started playing corewars at age nine