hi,
I had a power outage while OE was "Compacting". After re-boot I discovered
that my ENTIRE INBOX was WIPED!!!!. All my other OE folders are intact.
Everytime I close OE now it freezes while compacting.
Can I retrieve any of the INBOX? There was a lot of stuff in there,
important attachments y`know!!!
thanks for your attention and help,
stringer

You may wish to visit the Outlook Express newsgroup and repost your question:

Battery backup and quality surge protection
http://www.apcc.com/solutions/index.cfm?segmentID=1

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"StringerBell" wrote:

| hi,
| I had a power outage while OE was "Compacting". After re-boot I discovered
| that my ENTIRE INBOX was WIPED!!!!. All my other OE folders are intact.
| Everytime I close OE now it freezes while compacting.
| Can I retrieve any of the INBOX? There was a lot of stuff in there,
| important attachments y`know!!!
| thanks for your attention and help,
| stringer

Hi,

dbxtract may be able to help:
http://www.oehelp.com/DBXtract/Default.aspx

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"StringerBell" <StringerBell@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
> hi,
> I had a power outage while OE was "Compacting". After re-boot I discovered
> that my ENTIRE INBOX was WIPED!!!!. All my other OE folders are intact.
> Everytime I close OE now it freezes while compacting.
> Can I retrieve any of the INBOX? There was a lot of stuff in there,
> important attachments y`know!!!
> thanks for your attention and help,
> stringer

Hi,

This is the best tool out there to extract messages from a corrupt DBX:

http://www.oehelp.com/DBXtract/Default.aspx
[courtesy: MVP-Stephen L. Cochran]

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

In memory of Alex Nichol

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"StringerBell" <StringerBell@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message news:h8Jse.14416$th7.3611@fe11.lga...
> hi,
> I had a power outage while OE was "Compacting". After re-boot I discovered that my ENTIRE INBOX
> was WIPED!!!!. All my other OE folders are intact. Everytime I close OE now it freezes while
> compacting.
> Can I retrieve any of the INBOX? There was a lot of stuff in there, important attachments
> y`know!!!
> thanks for your attention and help,
> stringer

Asked/Answered in OE6 newsgroup.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

StringerBell wrote:
> hi,
> I had a power outage while OE was "Compacting". After re-boot I discovered
> that my ENTIRE INBOX was WIPED!!!!. All my other OE folders are intact.
> Everytime I close OE now it freezes while compacting.
> Can I retrieve any of the INBOX? There was a lot of stuff in there,
> important attachments y`know!!!
> thanks for your attention and help,
> stringer

Alias

"StringerBell" <StringerBell@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote

> hi,
> I had a power outage while OE was "Compacting". After re-boot I discovered
> that my ENTIRE INBOX was WIPED!!!!. All my other OE folders are intact.
> Everytime I close OE now it freezes while compacting.
> Can I retrieve any of the INBOX? There was a lot of stuff in there,
> important attachments y`know!!!
> thanks for your attention and help,
> stringer

Now you know that back up is a computer user's best friend, especially now
with this new "feature" of OE that is not only unneeded but dangerous. I
back up my OE almost everytime I close it.

Good (free) back up program:

Alias