Generic Host Win32 error... please help!

June 18, 2005 1:38:55 PM

Hi,

I need your expert advice on this problem. I have read to many suggestions
but none of them seem to help. My system displays "Generic Host Process for
Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close" when my 4 USB
Hub is plugged-IN. However, the error doesn't appear when the USB Hub is
unplugged.

I tried using the USB Hub on another PC and it works perfectly without any
error.

How can I get rid of that "Generic host..." error? Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Garu
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 1:38:56 PM

Hi Garu,

General USB Troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310575

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Garu" <oas@brunet.bn> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I need your expert advice on this problem. I have read to many
> suggestions but none of them seem to help. My system displays "Generic
> Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to
> close" when my 4 USB Hub is plugged-IN. However, the error doesn't appear
> when the USB Hub is unplugged.
>
> I tried using the USB Hub on another PC and it works perfectly without any
> error.
>
> How can I get rid of that "Generic host..." error? Please help.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Garu

June 18, 2005 2:44:56 PM

Thanks Rick, but this does not fix my problem.

My USB Hub works perfectly on other PC which has the same OS and software
installed. I have 6 USB ports on my system and I have tried every single
one with the USB Hub and same problem persists. Also, my HP All-in-one
printer works perfectly on any of the USB ports.

Any other suggestions?

-garry

> Hi Garu,
>
> General USB Troubleshooting in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310575
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Garu" <oas@brunet.bn> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need your expert advice on this problem. I have read to many
>> suggestions but none of them seem to help. My system displays "Generic
>> Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to
>> close" when my 4 USB Hub is plugged-IN. However, the error doesn't
>> appear when the USB Hub is unplugged.
>>
>> I tried using the USB Hub on another PC and it works perfectly without
>> any error.
>>
>> How can I get rid of that "Generic host..." error? Please help.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Garu

June 18, 2005 2:44:57 PM

Hi Garu,

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the USB controllers yet? Since you know
that a) the hub works and b) the existing ports work, then you (probably)
have a controller issue. The error message doesn't convey this very clearly,
but's what it's indicating. Also, are all devices the same USB level (1.1 vs
2.0)?

--

> Thanks Rick, but this does not fix my problem.
>
> My USB Hub works perfectly on other PC which has the same OS and software
> installed. I have 6 USB ports on my system and I have tried every single
> one with the USB Hub and same problem persists. Also, my HP All-in-one
> printer works perfectly on any of the USB ports.
>
> Any other suggestions?
>
> -garry

>> Hi Garu,
>>
>> General USB Troubleshooting in Windows XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310575
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Garu" <oas@brunet.bn> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I need your expert advice on this problem. I have read to many
>>> suggestions but none of them seem to help. My system displays "Generic
>>> Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to
>>> close" when my 4 USB Hub is plugged-IN. However, the error doesn't
>>> appear when the USB Hub is unplugged.
>>>
>>> I tried using the USB Hub on another PC and it works perfectly without
>>> any error.
>>>
>>> How can I get rid of that "Generic host..." error? Please help.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Garu

June 22, 2005 2:45:40 AM

My problem was found to be on my FAT formatted Pendrive in the USB HUB. I
copied the data to my harddrive and formatted the Pendrive as FAT32.
Thanks Robert for your help.
-garry

!