File may be in use error message...

June 18, 2005 4:54:04 PM

I have a number of files on my WIN XP Pro system which report "..make sure
that the file is not currently in use." These files can't be opened,
deleted or renamed. Some of them are EXCEL files, VB projects, etc.

I am the only user on this computer.

I have used the WHOLOCKME program that has been recommeended in this NG but
it has not helped.

Yet another one of those annoying security features in XP.

Hope someone can help.

More about : file error message

June 18, 2005 4:54:05 PM

jm7 wrote:

> I have a number of files on my WIN XP Pro system which report "..make sure
> that the file is not currently in use." These files can't be opened,
> deleted or renamed. Some of them are EXCEL files, VB projects, etc.
>
> I am the only user on this computer.
>
> I have used the WHOLOCKME program that has been recommeended in this NG but
> it has not helped.
>
> Yet another one of those annoying security features in XP.
>
> Hope someone can help.

Delete from safe mode or after booting from a Bart's PE CD:
http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User