dhlucke

Polypheme
I finally bit the bullet and bought one. They're on sale for $602 to your door if anyone wants one in Dell SB.

</font color=red><i><font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS </font color=blue><font color=red>AMERICA

mattburklund

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2002
I ordered mine on monday, came tuesday!
Problems though:
1.Ordered new, they sent a refurbished.
2.Scratch on the bezel between the dell logo and lcd faint but goes for about 11'
3.I get a photoshop pop up from photo shop saying "The monitor profile dell 2005fpw color profile, appears to be defective. Please rerun your monitor calibration software"
No software came with the monitor.
4. No manual
Let me know how it goes for you. What do you think about the photo shop error?
Matt

dhlucke

Polypheme
Hell if I know. Mine isn't even shipping until next tuesday.

</font color=red><i><font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS </font color=blue><font color=red>AMERICA

RichPLS

Champion
That is a great price!@!@!

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

dhlucke

Polypheme
Over the holidays you could actually get the monitor for:

$749
-25% with coupon code
-$150 (if you had the AMEX coupon, or could buy coupon for $50 on ebay)
Free shipping
Maybe even a stackable $30-$40 off

Basically people were getting it for $450.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Check the graphics card section. Go say hi to Kinney, now called GAME.

dhlucke

Polypheme
FYI

If any of you are interested you can get the 2005fpw for $599.10 by using this 5M2MX6BK0P?QDW $70 off coupon code on top of the automatic 10% off. In some states they don't charge tax and the shipping is free.

Not sure which states charge tax.

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
They had some production/quality control problems, but yeah it's a great LCD.

1680x1050 20.1" widescreen 16:10
12 ms response time
DVI/VGA/S-video/Component connections (and you can switch between each with a button)
picture in picture/split screen
Landscape or portrait mode

I'm happy with mine :)

s signature has been formatted to fit your scr

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Is the Bezel thin on this monitor? Ive thought about using two LCD's side by side but I would need to find a model that was as thin as possible.

READ THE STICKY AND WIN A PRIZE! ALL PRIZES CAN BE CLAIMED IN THE SECTION TITLED "THE OTHER"

dhlucke

Polypheme
Silverpig sent me a link to a thread where they report the 2405fpw 24" widescreen LCD being announced/released tommorrow.

RichPLS

Champion
<A HREF="http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000743028430/" target="_new"> Awesome indeed!!! </A>

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

tluxon

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2002
I just ordered a 1905FP for my wife for $368+tax and was just about to plop down $508+tax for the 2001FP for myself, but now I'm curious about the 2005FPW for the same price.

I have a widescreen 1680x1050 on my Dell Inspiron 8600 notebook and I really like the width but sometimes wouldn't mind if it was a few pixels taller.

I need the best possible picture for photos and videos without consideration of the response time (which I believe to be similar for both). How do you think the PQ of the 1680x1050 widescreen of the 2005FPW compares to the PQ of the 1600x1200 standard screen of the 2001FP?

My wife would prefer that I get a lower profile widescreen because of my monitor being in front of a window, but I really like working in 1600x<b>1200</b>. Looking into the future a few years, I expect more and more monitors will be coming out widescreen. Is it worth it to trade some of vertical resolution for horizontal resolution on a desktop PC or will it be a while before it becomes a clear-cut winner?

Thanks,

Tim