Sign in with
Your question

Stupid Santa Cruz

Last response: in Components
February 22, 2004 4:15:22 PM

I picked up a Santa Cruz Voyetra and installed it, no problem everything works fine except! I have some old DOS games I like to play so I clicked on the dos sound emulater and all hell broke out. First, windows says new device found loading drivers. Second, windows restarts and freezes. Third, I can see that something was written to autoexec.bat says turtle beach ect. Fourth, I have to reboot and get sent to safe mode. There I have to take out all the drivers for the sound card and go into msconfig and remove the line in autoexec.bat. Reboot again and reinstall nVidia drivers fix all my display modes and some font sizes. Then reinstall sound drivers, any ideas?? I did e-mail Turtle Beach no reply.
Thanks

Gary Hendricks
<A HREF="http://www.digital-music-guide.com" target="_new">www.digital-music-guide.com&lt;/A>

More about : stupid santa cruz

February 23, 2004 12:33:53 AM

It's probably an IRQ issue. Try setting your BIOS to reserve IRQ5, then after loading the driver change the line in Autoexec.bat to read "I5".

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
!