create server image drive

Hi,
I have a network that was set up by my network guy. The network drive
accessed by all users is called the F drive. The server drive (drive D) was
somehow renamed or an image of it was created named as the F drive.

On all the computers connected to the network, the server drive is again
somehow renamed/or an image of it created, called the F drive. This procedure
was done when we upgraded the server, in an attempt to have all file paths
remain the same as they were in the old server.

I am now trying to add a computer to the netwrok, but don't know how to
rename the server drive D as server drive F (on the new computer.)

Can somebody help please.
--
oren dothan

"perot" <ore> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a network that was set up by my network guy. The network drive
> accessed by all users is called the F drive. The server drive (drive D)
> was
> somehow renamed or an image of it was created named as the F drive.
>
> On all the computers connected to the network, the server drive is again
> somehow renamed/or an image of it created, called the F drive. This
> procedure
> was done when we upgraded the server, in an attempt to have all file paths
> remain the same as they were in the old server.
>
> I am now trying to add a computer to the netwrok, but don't know how to
> rename the server drive D as server drive F (on the new computer.)
>
> Can somebody help please.
> --
> oren dothan

Are you replacing the "server" computer or a workstation that accesses the
"server"? If you are adding a workstation you need to map a drive. Go to
Start -> Help and Support and type in "map drive".

Kerry

Hi,

Start/run dsikmgmt.msc. Right click the "D" drive, there is an option to
change the drive letter here. However, it may be that the person who set it
up initially used drive mapping on the attached users to designate the drive
letter they got when accessing it. That is done either per machine, or
through a logon script (domain).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/