screen flickers

Delphie

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2005
Hi,

I just built a new computer and everything seems to be working fine, except for that every so often my screen flickers. It usually occurs about every 10 minutes or so, but it's been getting more constant. The screen's not blurry or anything.. just intermittently it will flicker with fat lines going through it. I think it may be a settings problem... because I had the same thing happen to me with my former computer when I had tried to use Windows XP (same monitor.) I'm using Windows XP now too (service pack 2.) On my old system, I never had this problem with Windows 2000.

I guess it's tolerable.. but annoying.. and not sure sure if it's a sign of a more serious problem. I tried changing the refresh rates from 60, to 70 to 75... but it didn't solve the problem. I also changed the dpi... and that didn't help either. Any other suggestions?

I have a 17" hp pavilion mx75. Maybe it just doesn't like WindowsXP.

Thanks for the help. :D

Delphie

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2005
My problem is fixed!

I don't know how, but it worked itself out. I activated Windows and after that the screen hasn't flickered once... and before it would happen like every five minutes. I guess the activation had something to do with it. :roll: