Windows Media Technologies error message

This is the message I get when I attempt to play music cd with win media
player 9 AND when I attempt to upgrade it toe win media player 10. I am using
win xp pro sp2.... Please Help. How do I "upgrade" my "windows media
technologies" program?

Windows Media Technologies
Microsoft
Issue Description:
This version of Windows Media Technologies is incompatible with this version
of Windows. For more information, view the information at the Microsoft Web
Site here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=28004.

Kraze

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2005

Open media player & click Help > Check for upgrades

--
~*Kim*~

MCP/MCSA/MCSE
The Canadian DOS Prompt: EH?\>

"Ed Baker" <Ed Baker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is the message I get when I attempt to play music cd with win media
> player 9 AND when I attempt to upgrade it toe win media player 10. I am
> using
> win xp pro sp2.... Please Help. How do I "upgrade" my "windows media
> technologies" program?
>
> Windows Media Technologies
> Microsoft
> Issue Description:
> This version of Windows Media Technologies is incompatible with this
> version
> of Windows. For more information, view the information at the Microsoft
> Web
> Site here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=28004.

The Canadian DOS Prompt: EH?\>

<ROTFL>

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:uUOOFA$cFHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
KrazE <nospam@nospam.com> hunted and pecked:
> Open media player & click Help > Check for upgrades
>
> --
> ~*Kim*~
>
> MCP/MCSA/MCSE
> The Canadian DOS Prompt: EH?\>
>

> "Ed Baker" <Ed Baker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> This is the message I get when I attempt to play music cd with win media
>> player 9 AND when I attempt to upgrade it toe win media player 10. I am
>> using
>> win xp pro sp2.... Please Help. How do I "upgrade" my "windows media
>> technologies" program?
>>
>> Windows Media Technologies
>> Microsoft
----
>> Issue Description:
>> This version of Windows Media Technologies is incompatible with this
>> version
>> of Windows. For more information, view the information at the Microsoft
>> Web
>> Site here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=28004.

IF I could open media player your solution might work. When I attempt to open
the program I get the error message. I get the same error message when I try
to download either mp9 or mp10 from microsoft's web site.

What it appear I need is to upgrade/obtain/retore "windows media
technologies" which msft is very oblique in providing info on....