Windows Media Technologies error message

This is the message I get when I attempt to play music cd with win media
player 9 AND when I attempt to upgrade it toe win media player 10. I am using
win xp pro sp2.... Please Help. How do I "upgrade" my "windows media
technologies" program?

Windows Media Technologies
Microsoft
Issue Description:
This version of Windows Media Technologies is incompatible with this version
of Windows. For more information, view the information at the Microsoft Web
Site here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=28004.
3 answers Last reply
More about windows media technologies error message

    Open media player & click Help > Check for upgrades

    --
    ~*Kim*~

    MCP/MCSA/MCSE
    The Canadian DOS Prompt: EH?\>

    "Ed Baker" <Ed Baker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > This is the message I get when I attempt to play music cd with win media
    > player 9 AND when I attempt to upgrade it toe win media player 10. I am
    > using
    > win xp pro sp2.... Please Help. How do I "upgrade" my "windows media
    > technologies" program?
    >
    > Windows Media Technologies
    > Microsoft
    > Issue Description:
    > This version of Windows Media Technologies is incompatible with this
    > version
    > of Windows. For more information, view the information at the Microsoft
    > Web
    > Site here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=28004.

    The Canadian DOS Prompt: EH?\>

    <ROTFL>

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:uUOOFA$cFHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    KrazE <nospam@nospam.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Open media player & click Help > Check for upgrades
    >
    > --
    > ~*Kim*~
    >
    > MCP/MCSA/MCSE
    > The Canadian DOS Prompt: EH?\>
    >

    > "Ed Baker" <Ed Baker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> This is the message I get when I attempt to play music cd with win media
    >> player 9 AND when I attempt to upgrade it toe win media player 10. I am
    >> using
    >> win xp pro sp2.... Please Help. How do I "upgrade" my "windows media
    >> technologies" program?
    >>
    >> Windows Media Technologies
    >> Microsoft
    ----
    >> Issue Description:
    >> This version of Windows Media Technologies is incompatible with this
    >> version
    >> of Windows. For more information, view the information at the Microsoft
    >> Web
    >> Site here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=28004.

    IF I could open media player your solution might work. When I attempt to open
    the program I get the error message. I get the same error message when I try
    to download either mp9 or mp10 from microsoft's web site.

    What it appear I need is to upgrade/obtain/retore "windows media
    technologies" which msft is very oblique in providing info on....

    "KrazE" wrote:

    > Open media player & click Help > Check for upgrades
    >
    > --
    > ~*Kim*~
    >
    > MCP/MCSA/MCSE
    > The Canadian DOS Prompt: EH?\>
    >

    > "Ed Baker" <Ed Baker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > This is the message I get when I attempt to play music cd with win media
    > > player 9 AND when I attempt to upgrade it toe win media player 10. I am
    > > using
    > > win xp pro sp2.... Please Help. How do I "upgrade" my "windows media
    > > technologies" program?
    > >
    > > Windows Media Technologies
    > > Microsoft
    > > Issue Description:
    > > This version of Windows Media Technologies is incompatible with this
    > > version
    > > of Windows. For more information, view the information at the Microsoft
    > > Web
    > > Site here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=28004.

Microsoft Error Message Windows XP