Sign in with
Your question

New laptop advice needed

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
May 4, 2008 1:43:53 AM

My Dell Inspiron 8600 finally crapped out after almost 4 years. It displays a garbled screen that is about only +25% visible while the rest is filled with lines. I've tried rolling back the drivers, opening it up to reseat components, changing settings, etc. I even hooked it up to an external monitor and tv, both display the same garbled image.

I want to get the best bang for the buck and a quality PC laptop that won't have problems. I am on a budget of around $1,500 (spending less would be better :p ). I need a laptop that will meet or exceed the requirements for an upcoming Graphic Designs course that I am taking. Here are the requirements given by my degree adviser. Thanks.
-------------------------
15in MACBook Pro
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1440 x 900 pixels
2GB memory
200GB hard drive
NVIDIA GeForce 8600m gt graphics with 256MB SDRAM
Applecare 3yr warranty auto-enroll

17in MACBook PRO
2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1680 x 1050 pixels
2GB memory
250GB hard drive
8x double-layer SuperDrive
NVIDIA GeForce 8600m GT graphics with 512MB SDRAM
Applecare 3yr warranty auto-enroll
-----------------------------

More about : laptop advice needed

a c 244 D Laptop
May 4, 2008 10:03:11 AM

If u are in the US i definitely recommend u to look @ GATEWAY FX laptops

betweeon those 2, everything is the same except that the second one has more HDD +better resolution, it depends on u , if u want more portability go for the second one but if u want better screen+50GB more HDD go for the second one
but as i said look @ GATEWAY FX series and also look @ DELL VOSTRO 1500 series too they have a very good price
!