hyperterminal not responding to keystrokes

June 18, 2005 10:32:13 AM

This is my first time using hyperterminal. In the "connect to"
windows, I entered the name of the remote computer and port
number. I was able to see the greeting message from the remote
computer. But the windows did not respond to the keyboard.
Whatever I typed did not show up in the windows and had no effect.

How exactly should I communicate with hyperterminal? How do I make
it recognize the keyboard input?

More about : hyperterminal responding keystrokes

Anonymous
June 18, 2005 12:13:32 PM

"John Smith" <jsmith@company.com> wrote in message news:eAmgYE$cFHA.2664@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> This is my first time using hyperterminal. In the "connect to"
> windows, I entered the name of the remote computer and port
> number. I was able to see the greeting message from the remote
> computer. But the windows did not respond to the keyboard.
> Whatever I typed did not show up in the windows and had no effect.

Try turning on local echo. Properties > Settings > ASCII setup.
You also might want to set "send line ends.."

Note that if the remote system echos back, you'll see ddoouubbllee
what you type.
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 9:43:27 PM

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsser...

You may try HyperTerminal Private Edition version 6.3
http://www.hilgraeve.com/htpe/

It is compatible with XP:-
http://www.hilgraeve.com/KB/KnowledgeBase/index_html?to...

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

"John Smith" <jsmith@company.com> wrote in message
> This is my first time using hyperterminal. In the "connect to"
> windows, I entered the name of the remote computer and port
> number. I was able to see the greeting message from the remote
> computer. But the windows did not respond to the keyboard.
> Whatever I typed did not show up in the windows and had no effect.
>
> How exactly should I communicate with hyperterminal? How do I make
> it recognize the keyboard input?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
December 14, 2009 9:13:29 AM

go to file->properties->ASCIISetup and tick echo characters locally to type in hyperterminal
February 18, 2012 5:04:10 AM

Quote:

This is my first time using hyperterminal. In the "connect to"
windows, I entered the name of the remote computer and port
number. I was able to see the greeting message from the remote
computer. But the windows did not respond to the keyboard.
Whatever I typed did not show up in the windows and had no effect.

How exactly should I communicate with hyperterminal? How do I make
it recognize the keyboard input?

you mut choose proprties from file menu and point setting option, then point asci set up and choose second item "Echo typed characters locally" then ok. wish I could help you
!