hyperterminal not responding to keystrokes

This is my first time using hyperterminal. In the "connect to"
windows, I entered the name of the remote computer and port
number. I was able to see the greeting message from the remote
computer. But the windows did not respond to the keyboard.
Whatever I typed did not show up in the windows and had no effect.

How exactly should I communicate with hyperterminal? How do I make
it recognize the keyboard input?
4 answers Last reply
More about hyperterminal responding keystrokes

    "John Smith" <jsmith@company.com> wrote in message news:eAmgYE$cFHA.2664@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > This is my first time using hyperterminal. In the "connect to"
    > windows, I entered the name of the remote computer and port
    > number. I was able to see the greeting message from the remote
    > computer. But the windows did not respond to the keyboard.
    > Whatever I typed did not show up in the windows and had no effect.

    Try turning on local echo. Properties > Settings > ASCII setup.
    You also might want to set "send line ends.."

    Note that if the remote system echos back, you'll see ddoouubbllee
    what you type.

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/ServerHelp/02c2459f-5b84-45fb-afab-610374d35994.mspx

    You may try HyperTerminal Private Edition version 6.3
    http://www.hilgraeve.com/htpe/

    It is compatible with XP:-
    http://www.hilgraeve.com/KB/KnowledgeBase/index_html?topic=HyperTerminal&article=81595

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    "John Smith" <jsmith@company.com> wrote in message
    > This is my first time using hyperterminal. In the "connect to"
    > windows, I entered the name of the remote computer and port
    > number. I was able to see the greeting message from the remote
    > computer. But the windows did not respond to the keyboard.
    > Whatever I typed did not show up in the windows and had no effect.
    >
    > How exactly should I communicate with hyperterminal? How do I make
    > it recognize the keyboard input?
  3. go to file->properties->ASCIISetup and tick echo characters locally to type in hyperterminal
  4. Quote:

    This is my first time using hyperterminal. In the "connect to"
    windows, I entered the name of the remote computer and port
    number. I was able to see the greeting message from the remote
    computer. But the windows did not respond to the keyboard.
    Whatever I typed did not show up in the windows and had no effect.

    How exactly should I communicate with hyperterminal? How do I make
    it recognize the keyboard input?

    you mut choose proprties from file menu and point setting option, then point asci set up and choose second item "Echo typed characters locally" then ok. wish I could help you

Computers Keyboards Windows XP