internet service providers cd

June 18, 2005 7:36:02 AM

help how do i remove my old internet service providers name from my internet
explorer
June 18, 2005 8:38:01 AM

Jez --

While there may be an easier way, the way I've always had to remove ISP's
names from IE is to use regedit to find the appropriate registry entry and
then change the ISP name to whatever I wish.

Bob

"jez" wrote:

> help how do i remove my old internet service providers name from my internet
> explorer
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 12:59:11 PM

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{Your unique ID #}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook
Express\5.0
WindowTitle

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
Window Title

Remove the ISP branding for Internet Explorer and Outlook Express
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/ispunbrand.htm

How to Change the Internet Explorer Window Title
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;176497

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:362E4BF1-1673-420F-889A-2A52F541DBAD@microsoft.com,
jez <jez@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> help how do i remove my old internet service providers name from my
> internet explorer
June 18, 2005 3:40:56 PM

jez <jez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> help how do i remove my old internet service providers name from my
> internet explorer

From the title bar?
"How to Change the Internet Explorer Window Title"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/176497/en-us

--
d-d
Anonymous