internet service providers cd

Jez

help how do i remove my old internet service providers name from my internet
explorer

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Jez --

While there may be an easier way, the way I've always had to remove ISP's
names from IE is to use regedit to find the appropriate registry entry and
then change the ISP name to whatever I wish.

Bob

"jez" wrote:

> help how do i remove my old internet service providers name from my internet
> explorer

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{Your unique ID #}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook
Express\5.0
WindowTitle

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
Window Title

Remove the ISP branding for Internet Explorer and Outlook Express
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/ispunbrand.htm

How to Change the Internet Explorer Window Title
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;176497

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:362E4BF1-1673-420F-889A-2A52F541DBAD@microsoft.com,
jez <jez@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> help how do i remove my old internet service providers name from my
> internet explorer

Visit my website http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org Click the Win XP Faq
button and take a look at question 28

--