Folder background image

June 18, 2005 9:48:02 AM

Hi!
I managed to set the background image and the font color in a file system
folder, when I was running WinME - I seem to remember it being an Active
Desktop thing. OK, so I migrate to XP (SP2) and now I want to change the
attributes of that folder back to standard - it's a legibility issue... :-)
However... I can't for the life of me find where to change either the font
color or the folder background image. Note: It's NOT the folder icon or the
folder miniature I'm talking about, nor a mail folder. Can't find any
reference to the image file name in the registry, nor a 'desktop.ini'
anywhere... Hmm...
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 12:56:35 PM

[[To change the appearance of a single folder

1. Right-click the folder you want to customize, and then click Properties.
2. On the Customize tab, do one or all of the following:

Select a folder template
When you choose a template from Use this folder type as a template, you
apply specific features to your folder, such as specialized task links and
viewing options for working with pictures and music.

To apply a folder template to all of the folders contained within your
customized folder, select the Also apply this template to all subfolders
check box.

Choose a picture for your folder
You can choose the picture that identifies a folder in Thumbnails view.
When you click:

• Choose Picture, you can find the picture you want to use to identify the
folder.
• Restore Default, the last four image files you modified in the folder will
be used to identify it.

Change the folder icon
Click Change Icon to change the graphic that represents the folder in all
views except Thumbnail view.

Notes
To open My Documents, double-click the My Documents icon on your desktop.
If your folder does not contain image files, Windows does not generate
folder pictures in Thumbnails view.

You cannot customize the My Documents, My Pictures, and My Music folders.
However, you can customize the folders they contain. ]]

How to modify your folder view settings or to customize a folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812003

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes