Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Has anyone Turned a GPS into a Phone?

Last response: in Mobile Computing
June 8, 2010 4:28:01 AM

I like phones nowadays how they have so many features on them, but there's one big problem for me. My hands and fingers are big, and the screens...are NOT, unfortunately. I have to use my phone w/ a stylus. My fingers are clumsy, too so that is tricky, difficult and I lose patience in texting very quickly.

The other day I was at Best Buy. A GPS caught my eye. I noticed how big the display was, along with the keys. So, it got me wondering...

Has anyone ever converted a GPS device to a phone? For me, the benefit would be the size. I don't care if it won't fit in a pocket or not. That's what a belt clip is for. Weight is not an issue for me, although I realize size and weight is an issue for others. Anyone?

More about : turned gps phone

June 9, 2010 4:45:15 PM

You can't convert a GPS into a phone (doesn't have the proper internal hardware), but Garmin sells a GPS with phone radio and features built-in.
m
l
June 10, 2010 5:03:37 AM

TheGreatGrapeApe said:
You can't convert a GPS into a phone (doesn't have the proper internal hardware), but Garmin sells a GPS with phone radio and features built-in.

Do you have a model number for that?
m
l
Related resources
June 10, 2010 6:42:55 AM

Here's an idea, try two easy sources;

A) Garmin

B) Google

perhaps you'll be able to figure out the model from the name... just maybe.

:sarcastic: 

m
l

Best solution

June 12, 2010 7:06:51 PM

There are things called the Garmin Nuvifone and Garmin Garminfone (how original) which are sort of like cell phones with a heavy emphasis on GPS. They might be similar to what your are looking for.
June 12, 2010 7:37:19 PM

$amurai said:
There are things called the Garmin Nuvifone and Garmin Garminfone (how original) which are sort of like cell phones with a heavy emphasis on GPS. They might be similar to what your are looking for.

Thank you for a real answer and not being rude about it.
m
l
June 12, 2010 7:37:53 PM

Best answer selected by JOSHSKORN.
m
l
June 14, 2010 3:28:35 AM

JOSH, learn to use, google, I wasn't being rude, I was being more tolerant than you obviously deserved, by not simply saying GO SEARCH GOOGLE and the locking the thread.

I gave you the answer in the first reply, from that you could've got the answer on your own.

Friggin' n00bz !! [:thegreatgrapeape:6]
m
l
!