Solved

Has anyone Turned a GPS into a Phone?

I like phones nowadays how they have so many features on them, but there's one big problem for me. My hands and fingers are big, and the screens...are NOT, unfortunately. I have to use my phone w/ a stylus. My fingers are clumsy, too so that is tricky, difficult and I lose patience in texting very quickly.

The other day I was at Best Buy. A GPS caught my eye. I noticed how big the display was, along with the keys. So, it got me wondering...

Has anyone ever converted a GPS device to a phone? For me, the benefit would be the size. I don't care if it won't fit in a pocket or not. That's what a belt clip is for. Weight is not an issue for me, although I realize size and weight is an issue for others. Anyone?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about turned phone
  1. You can't convert a GPS into a phone (doesn't have the proper internal hardware), but Garmin sells a GPS with phone radio and features built-in.
  2. TheGreatGrapeApe said:
    You can't convert a GPS into a phone (doesn't have the proper internal hardware), but Garmin sells a GPS with phone radio and features built-in.

Do you have a model number for that?
  3. Here's an idea, try two easy sources;

A) Garmin

B) Google

perhaps you'll be able to figure out the model from the name... just maybe.

:sarcastic:
  4. Best answer
    There are things called the Garmin Nuvifone and Garmin Garminfone (how original) which are sort of like cell phones with a heavy emphasis on GPS. They might be similar to what your are looking for.
  5. $amurai said:
    There are things called the Garmin Nuvifone and Garmin Garminfone (how original) which are sort of like cell phones with a heavy emphasis on GPS. They might be similar to what your are looking for.

Thank you for a real answer and not being rude about it.
  6. Best answer selected by JOSHSKORN.
  7. JOSH, learn to use, google, I wasn't being rude, I was being more tolerant than you obviously deserved, by not simply saying GO SEARCH GOOGLE and the locking the thread.

I gave you the answer in the first reply, from that you could've got the answer on your own.

Friggin' n00bz !! [:thegreatgrapeape:6]
Ask a new question

Read More

Phones GPS Mobile Computing