Sign in with
Your question

Laptop searching

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
May 7, 2008 6:24:43 PM

Hey guys,

You probally get these threads 10x times a day, But i just dont know anymore.
Im looking for a laptop around 1000 euro may.

Now i started checking DELL they seem pretty good to me.
I checked HP but i didnt really like the turbo chace video cards.
And i also checked ASUS now asus has never let me down i never had a pc component from them break.

Now i would be using this laptop allot and i do want to play games on it also probally 17 inch 15 is just to small for me,
But i also have a nice desktop so it doesnt have to be top notch.

There are so many types of proccessors and video cards that i just know know anymore,
Also i was wondering how much support you could get from asus (becuase i live in the netherlands).
I dont know if they have any repair points here and i can barely find info on what kind of warenty you have.

With DELL you can get 3 years warranty + 3 years accident damage (dropping, water etc) for 250 euros,
But is 3 years to long for a laptop?

Well thats pretty much everthing on my mind,
Thanks allot for reading all this!

More about : laptop searching

a b D Laptop
May 7, 2008 8:10:57 PM

Most Asus laptops in the US have 1 year accidental protection and 2 years on parts and labor.

For your mild gaming needs, I'd say look for nothing less than a Core 2 Duo T8100 or T7250/7300, 2gb of RAM and an 8600mGT. Those specs should hold you over for a while.

Are there any online stores that sell laptops by you that I could take a look at?
May 8, 2008 7:48:07 AM

I think in europe ASUS gives 2 years global warranty . I bought my ASUS F3 from ITaly and I got 2 years global warranty and zero dot 30 days .
Related resources
May 9, 2008 11:30:48 PM

I got one more question guys, How long is the reall use value of the laptop.
Becuase im pretty sure that i got what i want lostandwandering confirmed it.

Now i just gotta select the package, go with 1/2/3 years warrenty and also same goes for accidentel damage?
May 10, 2008 10:26:12 AM

If you're a clutz or have kids, get the accidental warranty ONLY if it includes spill protection. As for the years, I hardly ever get an extra warranty. Manuf. warranty is good enough for me, because in a year when it expires, the system will be obsolete and due for replacement anyways. Unless, of course, you get one of those that have the MXM slot for upgrading the GPU. Then I'd add a year's worth simply because you can keep it functional for that long. If the GPU's hard-wired and you must have the latest games, you'll be suffering in 6-12 months even if you get the most advanced GPU out now.
!