Sign in with
Your question

Thinkpad i1400 2611-411 (1411) internet wifi

Last response: in Mobile Computing
June 13, 2010 4:20:20 PM

Hello,

I just inherited a thinkpad i1400 2611-411 (1411). It is in great shape, even looks hardly used. I am trying to determine if there is anything that I can do with this laptop. I'm wondering if anyone has ever gotten internet wifi to work on this laptop? If so, what do I need to get to make it work on mine?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 13, 2010 11:26:46 PM

Which version of Windows ?

Check Windows Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager and see if it lists a wireless network adapter.

It may be a good idea to consult the manual (or download it from IBM or Lenovo) as any wireless adapter may have a physical switch on the case or use an Fn key combination.
m
l
June 15, 2010 2:52:53 PM

Quote:
Which version of Windows ?

Check Windows Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager and see if it lists a wireless network adapter.

It may be a good idea to consult the manual (or download it from IBM or Lenovo) as any wireless adapter may have a physical switch on the case or use an Fn key combination.

------

this is a windows 98 system

it originally only showed the dial-up network adapter

I tried to install a linksys wireless-g usb adapter that I had on hand just to see what would happen; it installed okay, however, there was an error when I tried to use it so I uninstalled it

I'm just trying to figure out if there is a pcmcia card or a usb wireless device that I can use to get this laptop on the internet. Otherwise, I don't have much use for it, unless anyone has other useful suggestions.
m
l
!