Sign in with
Your question

Questions about Iphone - buying one

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
May 14, 2010 12:23:14 PM

I am looking to buy an iPhone, but I don't have a current cell phone plan , im just on "pay as you go" with Telus. I do not have a good credit rating so they wanted like 1500$ down payment on the plan/phone to actually buy it from Telus. anyways my question to you guys is;

Q. Can I buy a iPhone off someone that's locked/unlocked without a plan on it, and just get like texting and internet package on it without having to sign a long 3year plan. Kinda like "pay as you go" but for the iPhone.

Thanks!
Anonymous
May 14, 2010 7:59:45 PM

Just have a look on e-Bay.
July 29, 2010 6:35:27 PM

Yes you can. You can find unlocked or locked IPhones available from many carriers for about 2-300 bucks on Kijiji or Ebay.

Unfortunately, most mobile providers will not let you hook up an Iphone on prepaid service.

HOWEVER,

Once you get your phone, you may want to look into month-to-month service with FIDO. That way, you can take full advantage of your phone with a data plan. Fido seldomly outright rejects clients, they just impose a credit limit on the account if you have bad credit. You wouldn't be tied to a contract that way, or have to pay any exorbitant fees and still be able to use the features you want with the phone.
!