Dial Up # is changing

Setup dial up to local internet provider - when I go back in and dial again
the phone # has changed to an overseas phone # - sounds like a virus to me -
scanned for viruses, ran stinger, adware - but phone # keeps changing - any
ideas????

Hi Sherri,

You will have to do more virus/malware scanning. Here are some
suggestions to follow.
Virus and Spyware removal and prevention.
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/spyware.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

sherri wrote:
> Setup dial up to local internet provider - when I go back
> in and dial again the phone # has changed to an overseas
> phone # - sounds like a virus to me - scanned for
> viruses, ran stinger, adware - but phone # keeps changing
> - any ideas????

GTS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2003

Be sure to unplug your modem also. Some malware dialers may call out
anytime and sometimes run up thousands of dollars of phone bills.
--

"Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote in message
> Hi Sherri,
>
> You will have to do more virus/malware scanning. Here are some suggestions
> to follow.
> Virus and Spyware removal and prevention.
> http://bertk.mvps.org/html/spyware.html
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/
>
> sherri wrote:
>> Setup dial up to local internet provider - when I go back
>> in and dial again the phone # has changed to an overseas
>> phone # - sounds like a virus to me - scanned for
>> viruses, ran stinger, adware - but phone # keeps changing
>> - any ideas????

And they turn off the speaker/monitor so you don't hear
the call go out either !!

"GTS" <x> wrote in message news:%23d$U$jBdFHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Be sure to unplug your modem also. Some malware dialers may call out
> anytime and sometimes run up thousands of dollars of phone bills.
> --
>
> "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote in message
> > Hi Sherri,
> >
> > You will have to do more virus/malware scanning. Here are some
suggestions
> > to follow.
> > Virus and Spyware removal and prevention.
> > http://bertk.mvps.org/html/spyware.html
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> > http://dts-l.org/
> >
> > sherri wrote:
> >> Setup dial up to local internet provider - when I go back
> >> in and dial again the phone # has changed to an overseas
> >> phone # - sounds like a virus to me - scanned for
> >> viruses, ran stinger, adware - but phone # keeps changing
> >> - any ideas????

Thanks guys for your help
I think between updating my adware program and the shreddar program, that
virus is finally gone, don't know why mcafee can't detect that, by the way
its not my pc, i have high speed, the persons pc i'm working on will have the
phone bill, I told them what happened
Thanks again

Sherri