C: ACCESS DENIED

Hello:
At start up my computer now has an error that states Norton Protection:
Attention! Access Denied, drive C: It is Dell running on Windwos xp. Do you
have any idea what this error could be from? I have looked everywhere for a
solution. At first I thought this was from my Norton Antivirus but after
reinstalling that, it still appears.

Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.
4 answers Last reply
More about access denied

    This article may help. The permissions are probably incorrect.

    How to Restore the Default NTFS Permissions for Windows 2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266118

    (basically the same steps for Windows XP)

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "BSILVER" wrote:
    | Hello:
    | At start up my computer now has an error that states Norton Protection:
    | Attention! Access Denied, drive C: It is Dell running on Windwos xp. Do
    you
    | have any idea what this error could be from? I have looked everywhere for
    | solution. At first I thought this was from my Norton Antivirus but after
    | reinstalling that, it still appears.
    |
    | Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

    thank you. the xp does not have a security config and alalysis tab. thanks
    anyway.
    greatly appreciated!

    "Dave Patrick" wrote:

    > This article may help. The permissions are probably incorrect.
    >
    > How to Restore the Default NTFS Permissions for Windows 2000
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266118
    >
    > (basically the same steps for Windows XP)
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "BSILVER" wrote:
    > | Hello:
    > | At start up my computer now has an error that states Norton Protection:
    > | Attention! Access Denied, drive C: It is Dell running on Windwos xp. Do
    > you
    > | have any idea what this error could be from? I have looked everywhere for
    > | solution. At first I thought this was from my Norton Antivirus but after
    > | reinstalling that, it still appears.
    > |
    > | Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

    You missed it.

    Start|Run|mmc.exe|File|Add/Remove|Add|Security Configuration and Analysis

    --

    "Beth Silver" wrote:
    | thank you. the xp does not have a security config and alalysis tab. thanks
    | anyway.
    | greatly appreciated!

    Thank you for your help but I hve XP home and they don't have the option you
    gave me. Thank you again for your ideas, its greatly appreciated! :)

    "Dave Patrick" wrote:

    > This article may help. The permissions are probably incorrect.
    >
    > How to Restore the Default NTFS Permissions for Windows 2000
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266118
    >
    > (basically the same steps for Windows XP)
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "BSILVER" wrote:
    > | Hello:
    > | At start up my computer now has an error that states Norton Protection:
    > | Attention! Access Denied, drive C: It is Dell running on Windwos xp. Do
    > you
    > | have any idea what this error could be from? I have looked everywhere for
    > | solution. At first I thought this was from my Norton Antivirus but after
    > | reinstalling that, it still appears.
    > |
    > | Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Norton Windows XP