Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Problem with dual monitors?

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
August 15, 2012 5:26:26 PM

So I got dual monitors so I don't have to tab out of games. When I play a MMO and use a mouse and I put the mouse over to my second screen it goes without me having to press ESC. Then when I click on my browser or desktop the game on my other monitor tabs out. Any help?

More about : problem dual monitors

August 15, 2012 5:38:25 PM

ChimaeraZone said:
So I got dual monitors so I don't have to tab out of games. When I play a MMO and use a mouse and I put the mouse over to my second screen it goes without me having to press ESC. Then when I click on my browser or desktop the game on my other monitor tabs out. Any help?


This happened to me on older Nvidia cards that don't support 3D Surround. What video card are you using and then we can help answer you better?

Here is a link that will help you out, http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-surround-system-...


If you do have a video card in the list, make sure you have your drivers up to date and go into your control panel and configure 3D surround.

According to this page, only the 600 series is capable of 3D surround on a single card. All previous cards on the list require multi-GPU setups.
m
0
l
August 15, 2012 5:52:06 PM

My video card is a GeForce GTS 450. I have two of them. It isn't on the list any help?
m
0
l
Related resources
August 15, 2012 5:53:37 PM

jase240 said:
This happened to me on older Nvidia cards that don't support 3D Surround. What video card are you using and then we can help answer you better?

Here is a link that will help you out, http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-surround-system-...


If you do have a video card in the list, make sure you have your drivers up to date and go into your control panel and configure 3D surround.

According to this page, only the 600 series is capable of 3D surround on a single card. All previous cards on the list require multi-GPU setups.

I have a GeForce GTS 450 SLI (So I have two) any help?
m
0
l

Best solution

August 15, 2012 6:09:21 PM

This is quite common if you are running the game in fullscreen mode. if you can run the game in windows mode you will not have the issue.

Note: You can maximise the window to full screen on the one monitor and it will still work fine.
Share
August 15, 2012 6:17:49 PM

hollett said:
This is quite common if you are running the game in fullscreen mode. if you can run the game in windows mode you will not have the issue.

Note: You can maximise the window to full screen on the one monitor and it will still work fine.


Since I have dual screens will it make my computer run harder? My frame rate is going down and I am not sure why.
m
0
l
August 15, 2012 6:32:41 PM

Yes it will stress your GPU's more to run dual screens, and windowed mode in most cases is slower than fullscreen when its maximized.

Since you are using video cards that are not supported by 3D Surround you cannot run the game in fullscreen without it minimizing your game when you click in the other screen.
m
0
l
August 15, 2012 6:39:02 PM

Dual screens should not effect frame rate. The amount of GPU power needed to render a second desktop is trivial.
m
0
l
August 15, 2012 6:45:06 PM

jsrudd said:
Dual screens should not effect frame rate. The amount of GPU power needed to render a second desktop is trivial.


He is having to run his game in windowed mode instead of fullscreen, it will drop its framerate.

He is explaining that his framerate is lower with them, thats because both the game and Windows Aero are being rendered.
m
0
l
August 15, 2012 7:00:24 PM

jase240 said:
He is having to run his game in windowed mode instead of fullscreen, it will drop its framerate.

He is explaining that his framerate is lower with them, thats because both the game and Windows Aero are being rendered.

I restarted my game and all my games seem to be running at normal FPS that I get without the second monitor. Thanks for your help everyone!
m
0
l
August 15, 2012 7:02:13 PM

Well that's great then, glad it works out great for you.
Please select an answer to close this thread!
m
0
l
August 15, 2012 7:30:21 PM

SLI and Crossfire don't work in window mode. Your application has to be full screen. Your frame rates will go down because the game will only use one card in window mode. Windows Aero will have very little impact on performance.
m
0
l
August 15, 2012 8:45:39 PM

Best answer selected by ChimaeraZone.
m
0
l
!