Word 97 Conversion error

I try and open a piece of graphics created with word i get this error:
Unable to Load Graphics Conversion Filter. Continue with Document
Conversion?
1 answer Last reply
More about word conversion error

    Either you do not have MS Word installed or you do not have the proper
    converters installed.

    [[Click Start,Settings, Control Panel
    Double click Add/Remove Programs
    Doubleclick Microsoft Office, or if you see Word in the list click on that.
    Click Add/Remove
    The choose Converters And Filters, then click Change Option
    Click the Text Converters check box to select it, and then click the
    Graphics Filters check box to select it. If these check boxes are checked
    marks but are dimmed, some of the converters and filters are not installed.
    You may have to to install additional converters and filter
    Click okay and then continue]]

    Works: You receive an error message if you try to convert a Works Word
    Processor document that contains a graphic into any WordPerfect format that
    is provided in Works 3.0
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;109049

    If you do not have MS Word, here's a FREE viewer...

    Word Viewer 2003
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=95E24C87-8732-
    48D5-8689-AB826E7B8FDF&displaylang=en

    WD95: Error Message Opening Word 97 File in Word 6.x, 7.x
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;161841

    Error Converting Document with Graphics to H/PC Format
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;183593

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:1MXse.83218$nG6.67748@attbi_s22,
    Fl_Gulfer <Fl.Gulfer@mchsi.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I try and open a piece of graphics created with word i get this error:
    > Unable to Load Graphics Conversion Filter. Continue with Document
    > Conversion?

Microsoft Graphics Windows XP