Sign in with
Your question

I need a touchscreen smartphone

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
May 21, 2010 2:50:09 AM

I will make it short.

I need to be able to check emails and surf the web wherever I go. I wanted to get the new HTC evo 4g but I have a few complaints:

1) I don't even get 4g in my area
2) I have to pay $10 extra just to use it a month
3) I have to pay $30 extra just to tether stuff to it

Pros:

1) Sprint network rocks
2) Amazingly huge display
3) Android 2.1
4) Front facing camera

I also get a state employee discount which would wrap up my monthly bill to somewhere around $80 a month. If anyone can top that or give me a better idea for a phone please do! I'm switching from T-mobile which has HORRIBLE reception everywhere because of their crappy edge bullshit so that is why I'm switching to CDMA style Sprint. Any and all ideas welcome!

More about : touchscreen smartphone

a b I Smartphone
May 21, 2010 9:06:22 PM

EVO 4G is a solid phone,however if you need a similar phone with smaller display,i would recommend looking @ HTC Incredible as well
m
l
May 22, 2010 6:55:42 AM

Tethering always costs extra. I don't think Verizon has any unlimited tethering plan; I believe it's 5GB per month then extra $$ per MB beyond that tethering data limit.

Does Sprint have a maximum tethering data transfer limit per month before extra $$ gets tacked on? Smartphones always have higher monthly fees, but at least you got $70 for unlimited calls, text and data (excluding tethering).

4G is up and coming, it takes time to install that infrastructure.
m
l
Related resources
June 1, 2010 5:52:45 PM

Since you seem keen on HTC, wat about the Touch Pro 2? Or the Blackberry equivilent- the Snap?
m
l
a b I Smartphone
June 2, 2010 8:37:05 AM

Touch Pro 2 is a winmo phone and the OP wants an android phone
m
l
June 7, 2010 6:25:29 AM

Look at the incredible. Personally I feel the EVO has some useless features (Front facing camera, HDMI output) whereas the incredible seems to have some more useful features. If you are a heavy data user the EVO has no cap (even on 3G, that's that extra $10 a month) and it is great for travel if you stream pandora while driving.
m
l
!