Peter Foldes Wrote:
> And what happens when you do not use Stardownloader?

Hi Peter,

No matter what program I use it behaves the same.
I've tried to do the same download (=the same file) in Opera, IE, and
Firefox, and *in all three* of them it comes to an absolute stop at
exactly 1.6 MB. And as I mentioned in my first post, even Norton's
LiveUpdate stops.
This, to me, hints at some deeper problem in my PC.

I've run HijackThis, but with no result.

If I knew how I would deinstall all the patches that Window updater
downloaded and installed two days ago, but they don't show up among the
installed programs. If anyone knows how to remove these patches, please
let me know.

*Any* help or hint is much, much needed.

Thank you.

--
hduty

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

hduty wrote:

> Peter Foldes Wrote:
>
>>And what happens when you do not use Stardownloader?
>>

> Hi Peter,
>
> No matter what program I use it behaves the same.
> I've tried to do the same download (=the same file) in Opera, IE, and
> Firefox, and *in all three* of them it comes to an absolute stop at
> exactly 1.6 MB. And as I mentioned in my first post, even Norton's
> LiveUpdate stops.
> This, to me, hints at some deeper problem in my PC.
>
> I've run HijackThis, but with no result.
>
> If I knew how I would deinstall all the patches that Window updater
> downloaded and installed two days ago, but they don't show up among the
> installed programs. If anyone knows how to remove these patches, please
> let me know.
>
> *Any* help or hint is much, much needed.
>
> Thank you.

Make sure the "Show Updates" box is checked at the top of the Add/Remove
programs window.

Go to windows update and check the installation history. It will show
you what updates were installed. IMO don't use automatic updates. Do a
custom install from the update site and choose which ones you want.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User